+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Create a new express entry profile after withdrawing a PR application

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hello,
How is your application now? I sent a webform to withdraw my application on Jan 21, 2021 and it's still not withdrawn yet. An agent told me I can re-submit an application....
I eventually sent a web form to IRCC asking them to discard my withdrawal request. My case is currently under processing. I got MEP & BIL on Dec 15th, 2020, and my eligibility passed on Jan 22nd, 2021 according to an IRCC call center agent.

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
That’s great. Good luck!
Can I ask why did you decide to create a new profile but not submit a new eAPR until the old one is canceled? Does anyone tell you it’s not allowed to submit a new eAPR while the old one is not canceled?
Because today an agent from call center told me that I can re submit a eAPR while my old application is in withdraw process.
Thank you!
I didn't create a new profile... Because I discard my previous withdrawal request, they continue to process my original application.

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
I didn't create a new profile... Because I discard my previous withdrawal request, they continue to process my original application.
Haha I understand. And do you know if I withdraw my application, can I re-submit a new eAPR while the application is in withdraw process?
Did you get any information at the time you wanted to withdraw? Thank you!

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Haha I understand. And do you know if I withdraw my application, can I re-submit a new eAPR while the application is in withdraw process?
Did you get any information at the time you wanted to withdraw? Thank you!
Sorry that I don't know anything about this question. Because I didn't submit the requested signed letter to start my withdrawal process, IRCC just discarded my first web-form and continue to process my application. Thus I guess my application never goes to the withdrawal process. I suggest you look for other legal opinions, or probably just wait until your current application is fully withdrawn if you are not hurried for next EE draws.

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Sorry that I don't know anything about this question. Because I didn't submit the requested signed letter to start my withdrawal process, IRCC just discarded my first web-form and continue to process my application. Thus I guess my application never goes to the withdrawal process. I suggest you look for other legal opinions, or probably just wait until your current application is fully withdrawn if you are not hurried for next EE draws.
Thank you for your reply! I'm really hurried for my next application actually...
NVM, Good luck to your application!!

Nov 13, 2020
I sent my requests to IRCC by web-forms myself. Both web-forms got a reply in 2 business days. Hope this information is helpful to you.
omg, could you please tell me if you are able to withdraw a submitted e-apr? long story short, my existing e-apr may get rejected because of the wrong NOC, and i would rather withdraw it and get the new one invited. just want to know, are you able to withdraw the old one? and if yes, how did you do that? thanks a lot!

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
omg, could you please tell me if you are able to withdraw a submitted e-apr? long story short, my existing e-apr may get rejected because of the wrong NOC, and i would rather withdraw it and get the new one invited. just want to know, are you able to withdraw the old one? and if yes, how did you do that? thanks a lot!
I am really sorry to hear your situation. Here is my case, and hope it is helpful:

I tried to withdraw my case by sending IRCC a web-form, and they replied very fast with detailed instructions of the withdrawal process. However, I decided not to withdraw my case after consulting with immigrant consultants. Then I sent another web-form asking IRCC to discard my previous withdrawal request. Per GCMS notes I received, they have notes about all of my requests, and they have discarded my withdrawal request and continued to process my application.

In terms of your situation, I would suggest you seek help from an immigration consultant and highlight the urgency of your case. I believe they will provide more professional suggestions as I am not familiar with the process of submitting a new application.

Hope this information is helpful to you, and good luck with your application!

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
When did you submit your eAPR?

Nov 13, 2020
I am really sorry to hear your situation. Here is my case, and hope it is helpful:

I tried to withdraw my case by sending IRCC a web-form, and they replied very fast with detailed instructions of the withdrawal process. However, I decided not to withdraw my case after consulting with immigrant consultants. Then I sent another web-form asking IRCC to discard my previous withdrawal request. Per GCMS notes I received, they have notes about all of my requests, and they have discarded my withdrawal request and continued to process my application.

In terms of your situation, I would suggest you seek help from an immigration consultant and highlight the urgency of your case. I believe they will provide more professional suggestions as I am not familiar with the process of submitting a new application.

Hope this information is helpful to you, and good luck with your application!
thanks a lot!!! really appreciate your help!

Raavi Sandhu

Oct 14, 2018
I eventually sent a web form to IRCC asking them to discard my withdrawal request. My case is currently under processing. I got MEP & BIL on Dec 15th, 2020, and my eligibility passed on Jan 22nd, 2021 according to an IRCC call center agent.
Hello, I’m in the same boat. You said your eligibility passed, are you talking about medical and biometrics or you PR eligibility?
Please reply?

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hello, I’m in the same boat. You said your eligibility passed, are you talking about medical and biometrics or you PR eligibility?
Please reply?
I got MEP & BIL on Dec 15th, 2020. The IRCC agent told me that my eligibility has been passed, so I believe it is PR eligibility. I ordered my notes on March 7th, and I can get back to you with more details once I receive the notes.

Hope this information is helpful to you!

Raavi Sandhu

Oct 14, 2018
I got MEP & BIL on Dec 15th, 2020. The IRCC agent told me that my eligibility has been passed, so I believe it is PR eligibility. I ordered my notes on March 7th, and I can get back to you with more details once I receive the notes.

Hope this information is helpful to you!
Thanks and All the best for your application. I’ll wait for your reply.

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hi. A friend of mine is also in a similar situation. he request for a withdrawal through webform but didn't not submit the signed letter. he decided to cancel the withdrawal and called IRCC. An agent helped him put a note a his profile that says he wish to cancel the withdrawal. However, he was also told that a signed letter is also needed to cancel the withdrawal. He then summited a signed letter to explain the reason . 2 months later his eligibility is passed. Did you get any official reply that mentions the cancellation has been accepted? he is worried because he did not receive any reply afterwards