+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crazy timing, Inland CoPR received day of flying out

oxolodo

Mar 1, 2019
Hi all,

My wife (inland applicant) is living with me in Quebec, but received CoPR the same day she was flying out to her home country for a 2 weeks travel (personal reasons). We had received AIP only 6 days before and didn't expect CoPR that fast.

At first we were glad to see the message "Congrats you are a PR!" in the letter. But while talking to IRCC today I realized she is stuck out of the country because of this. As her status changed from "temporary resident with a working visa" to "permanent resident without a PR card", she now needs to apply by email to a PRTD (permanent resident travel document). Problem is that she is flying back home on Monday next week.

We will apply for PRTD asap. The agent suggested to include a letter explaining all of this.

- Would you worry about her PR application if we say that she was out of the country before receiving the letter (which is not clear since she flew out the day we received it)?
- Is it possible to receive PRTD in less than a week? They will see it is urgent looking at her flight...
- If she does not get it, is it still worth trying to get on the plane with all the documents and explain this at the border?
- Is she considered "landed" yet? I am not sure with this new covid inland process...

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: rscanpro

oxolodo

Mar 1, 2019
They replied fast, within 48h. They said they withdrew her PR since she flew out of Canada a few hours before receiving CoPR. They confirm she can now get in Canada as a temporary resident, and to contact them when it's done so they can give her back her PR.

Very satisfied with that answer and the quick reply from IRCC!

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
They replied fast, within 48h. They said they withdrew her PR since she flew out of Canada a few hours before receiving CoPR. They confirm she can now get in Canada as a temporary resident, and to contact them when it's done so they can give her back her PR.

Hi oxolodo,

did your wife get her PR when she returned to Canada without any issues? My brother is in the same situation and wanted to know what happened after? Please kindly let me know.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
Hi oxolodo,

did your wife get her PR when she returned to Canada without any issues? My brother is in the same situation and wanted to know what happened after? Please kindly let me know.
Thank you so much, gives him a peace of mind

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
Hi! Yeah as soon as she returned she notified them, and got back her PR 2 days later!
Thank you so much, gives him a peace of mind

Tylor Lee

Mar 28, 2019

Sorry, I am in the same situation. Who did you contact to??
WST-LandingEnquiries@cic.gc.ca
this one correct??

Shani16

Apr 12, 2021
@oxolodo Hi, my wife and I are in a very similar situation. Can you please tell me whom did you contact when she flew out? Which IRCC agent? And whom did she notify after coming back to get her PR back.

Thanks

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019