+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPT F-1 visa travel to Canada for immigration procedures and return back to US?

asukumari

Aug 6, 2018
My application was approved. I got to know this through my CIC account. Visa office CPC Ottawa.I am based in USA and I am on CPT F-1 doing my 2nd masters.

Questions:

1. In CIC account, under Document status group. "Expiry Date" is set to 2020/04/28. Does this mean, before this date I have to land in Canada to complete further immigration procedures? My medical exam was conducted on 4/26.
2. Will it be okay to travel to Canada to complete the immigration procedures while on CPT F-1 VISA and return back to USA to wrap up some final moving stuffs. (I can request for travel documents such as I-20 and supporting documents from the university).

Please advise.

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
My application was approved. I got to know this through my CIC account. Visa office CPC Ottawa.I am based in USA and I am on CPT F-1 doing my 2nd masters.

Questions:

1. In CIC account, under Document status group. "Expiry Date" is set to 2020/04/28. Does this mean, before this date I have to land in Canada to complete further immigration procedures? My medical exam was conducted on 4/26.
2. Will it be okay to travel to Canada to complete the immigration procedures while on CPT F-1 VISA and return back to USA to wrap up some final moving stuffs. (I can request for travel documents such as I-20 and supporting documents from the university).

Please advise.
Mr Brother,

Congratulations first for your PR!

1. Yes, you have to travel by April 26th to confirm your landing, finish it sooner, better for you.
2. Yes, get a travel signature on your I-20, some Schools already have it signed on the I-20, check your School for that. You can travel back to US with your current I-20, most people say its easier by road. If you live near the border, you can do that. You can fly too.

Check this:
https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1218?language=en_US

Goodluck!

Dan

asukumari

Aug 6, 2018
Mr Brother,

Congratulations first for your PR!

1. Yes, you have to travel by April 26th to confirm your landing, finish it sooner, better for you.
2. Yes, get a travel signature on your I-20, some Schools already have it signed on the I-20, check your School for that. You can travel back to US with your current I-20, most people say its easier by road. If you live near the border, you can do that. You can fly too.

Check this:
https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1218?language=en_US

Goodluck!

Dan

Thanks Dan,

yes I live in Mass, so I plan to travel by road and finish the procedures with the first soft landing and return back and get prepared to move for good.
Does that sound okay?

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Thanks Dan,

yes I live in Mass, so I plan to travel by road and finish the procedures with the first soft landing and return back and get prepared to move for good.
Does that sound okay?
Yup bro, you shud be fine. Some officers arent aware of this automatic revalidation program when flying. Most of the Officers are aware of this on border crossing.

Make sure your I-20 is current and has signature.

Dan

asukumari

Aug 6, 2018
Yup bro, you shud be fine. Some officers arent aware of this automatic revalidation program when flying. Most of the Officers are aware of this on border crossing.

Make sure your I-20 is current and has signature.

Dan

Thank you Dan for the assurance. I will get on to it.