+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPR question

tobeimmigrant143

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I received the CPR (Confirmation of PR) today and it lists my wife as a dependant. However, I have a 5 month old son who was born in Canada and he is not listed as a dependant. I have notified CIC about his birth when he was born. Should I have him listed as a dependant or was he not listed as a dependant as he was born in Canada and is already a Canadian citizen?

Thanks!

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Maybe Junior can be a secret service agent when he grows up!

tobeimmigrant143 said:
Hi all,

I received the CPR (Confirmation of PR) today and it lists my wife as a dependant. However, I have a 5 month old son who was born in Canada and he is not listed as a dependant. I have notified CIC about his birth when he was born. Should I have him listed as a dependant or was he not listed as a dependant as he was born in Canada and is already a Canadian citizen?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tobeimmigrant143 said:
Hi

Canadian citizen/PR dependents are not listed on the COPR.

tobeimmigrant143

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I reached out to CIC asking the question and I got a response in less than 30 minutes. That was surprising! I think depending on the priority of the request, they seem to be responding. Anyway, I thought I would share my experience here so that everyone can benefit from it.

The email I sent to CIC:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Last Name: X
First Name: X
Date of birth: X
UCI: X
Application: X
Type of Application: Canadian Experience Class

My wife’s details who is listed as a dependant on my application:
Last Name: X
First Name: X
Date of birth: X
UCI: X
Application: X

I have received the passports and CPR(s) back from your office on XX/XX/XXXX. I have a question regarding the original entry date and dependants listed on the CPR(s).

Original Entry Date:
The original entry date as per my understanding is the date I/we first entered Canada. If this is true, then this date is incorrectly printed on my CPR and also on my wife’s. Please refer to below table for details.

Applicant Original Entry Date printed on CPR The date I/We first entered Canada
X XX/XX/XXXX YY/YY/YYYY
X xx/xx/xxxx YY/YY/YYYY

The approval letter I received from your office says - “You must inform us if any corrections are required to the name, passport number or date of birth on the CPR(s) and visa(s). If corrections are required, please return the CPR document and Passport for the principal applicant and all family members whose CPR(s) and visas(s) were printed at this office, the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa”.

Since the correction required is not for name, passport number or date of birth should I still return both my wife and my CPR(s) and passports to your office or can we land with the current CPR(s)?

Dependants listed on the CPR(s):
My wife and I were blessed with a baby boy, X, on XX/XX/XXXX here in Canada and I informed your office about his birth and emailed a copy of his birth certificate on XX/XX/XXXX. However in the CPR(s) we received, I see that only my wife is listed as a dependant on my CPR and only I am listed as a dependant on my wife’s CPR.

Should our CPR(s) also list our son as a dependant or is it not required because he is born in Canada? Kindly let me know.

Details of my son’s birth are as below:
Name: X
Date of Birth: X
Place of Birth: X

The response I got from CIC:
Dear Applicant,

The entry date to Canada can be changed at the port of entry when you complete your landing.

As for your son, he is not listed on your COPR as he is a Canadian citizen so is not required to be listed.