+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP Ottawa to Port of Spain transferred MI 2 applicants please connect here

FSWCA_11

May 7, 2013
VO took 3 weeks and yes, I used FedEx :) only takes 1 day to get your package from TT to major US cities.

Please let me know if you have any details on the following:
"please let me know, info regarding the landing process (what documents are needed & I will still have the opportunities to move all my stuff including my car in the second trip) via road (WA - Vancouver)"

Thanks,

mike2ca said:
Hi FSWCA_11,

Congrats!

Would you please let us know if how long it took for Port of Spain to return your passport with the stamped visa after you sent them all the required documents? And did you include a pre-paid envelope for them to return your passport?

Thanks a lot!

Mike

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
I have sent my passport to port of spain in 1 week of august, but till now didnt hear anything. Can somebody tell me how much time they will take to make a decision in Port of SPain visa office.

cecdec2012

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 7,2012
AOR Received.
Jan 26, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
upfront June 2013, uploaded nov 22
Passport Req..
Dec 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16 , 2013
sushmagp said:
Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even i got mail from Port of Spain.
Here it is
Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

I am pleased to advise that you appear to meet the selection requirements and a final decision on your application will be made when you provide the following items to our office:
1. right of PR Fee
2. Passports
3. Photographs
4. Personal information
5. Other updated forms

Please submit all the items listed above in SIXTY (60) days from the date of this letter, failure to do so could result in your application being refused for non-compliance. It is in your own interest to respond to this letter as quickly as possible. It generally takes from two to four weeks to make a final decision on your application once ALL the documents have been submitted and your medical results have been approved, excluding mail or courier handling.

Submit the ORIGINAL documents, including this letter, as soon as possible to the following address:

To all those who are waiting here are some info which gives you hope
I had not sent any mails to Port of Spain
I do not have job offer.
I applied in Feb 2011 and
My application belongs to FSW1 category under NOC 2121

Hope this information helps
Wish everyone else good luck

- Sushma
congrats ! What size of photos are they asking for? Is it 2x 2 picture or a passport size photos? Pls let me know so I can get ready. Thnks .!

cecdec2012

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 7,2012
AOR Received.
Jan 26, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
upfront June 2013, uploaded nov 22
Passport Req..
Dec 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16 , 2013
mike2ca said:
Congratulations to all of you who recently received updates, ME, RPRF, and/or PPR. For those who are still waiting for updates, good news will come soon! I wish you all the best! Please keep this thread active and share your experience about landing and settling down in Canada!

Thanks!

Mike
got a request for MR , updated forms $ RPRF but no PPR yet. Am about to send thru fed ex all docs but am planning to include my passport to save time and money. Do you guys think its a good idea ? It costs me 100 cad to send docs express to port of Spain frm canada . Pls i need advice. Thanks

saratracy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
24-04-2013
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
Have been staying in Alberta for almost 3 years
Hello mike2ca,
I do not think it is a must for you to send prepaid airway. If you don't send it, the visa office will send you an email to ask for courier account number which you can obtain on FedEx website right away and they will use the number to send you ppts and documents while your credit card registered with the account number is charged. If you send them the prepaid envelop, that's fine too, I hope.
Best wishes,
saratracy

Hello all friends,
My big congratulations to those who have received MRs, PPRs, and Visas and hope everyone will receive the good news soon. I'll let you know how the landing process works after we cross a port of entry in some days.
All my best,
saratracy

mike2ca said:
Hi Saratracy,

Thank you for your reply. I have finished my ME and am about to mail out my updated documents, too. Would you please advise if you include a pre-paid envelope for Port of Spain to return your passport? Since it didn't mention anything about it, I am not sure if I should do it or not. Would you also please let us know here when you received your passport with the stamped visa?

Thanks!

Mike

mike2ca

Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->Ottawa->Port of Spain
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
24-04-2013 to Port of Spain
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
06-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/11/2013, received 18/11/2013
LANDED..........
In Plan
Hi,

what do you mean by in 1 week of August? You mean the first week of August or which week in August? would you please make it clear? and did you receive your passport back yet? How long it took?

Thanks

SoftwareEngg said:
I have sent my passport to port of spain in 1 week of august, but till now didnt hear anything. Can somebody tell me how much time they will take to make a decision in Port of SPain visa office.

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hello Mike,

I have sent my passport on 1st Aug 2013 to port of spain.. and till now I didnt hear anything from them its FSw2 .

If anybody is haviong idea how much they take time to get the passport stamped. bcoz now they are not replying for any emails.

Thanks

saratracy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
24-04-2013
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
Hello friends,
We have just landed safe and sound in Coutts. It took us about 1 hour at the port of entry, everything went smooth. I took with me all documents the visa office suggests in the instruction paper sent with the visas. If you guys are already in Canada, take with you also all kinds of work, study, visitor permits that are valid as the border service will take them all before returning your passports to you.
Best wishes for everybody,
saratracy

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hello saratracy,

Good Morning.

First of all BIG CONGRATS to U ...... :)

Can u please tell me when did u get your passport back from port of spain??? Actually, I had sent my passport on 1st Aug2013, after than they
suggested me to add my daughter's name in the application(born outside Canada) and her medical was done on Aug20th. Since than I didnt hear any updates from there side. So, please suggest me how many days they usually takes to return the passport.

Thanks

saratracy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
24-04-2013
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
Hi SoftwareEngg,
Thank you for your congrats :) We did follow up with email after ECas says Medicals have been received and postal tracker reads the visa office received our documents. The visa office didn't respond immediately to our email and the bank draft was not cashed after our email was sent. However, when we received the ppts with visas, the date of visa issuance is the same date that the visa office received all our documents. So please be patient, it has taken the visa office a while before they can inform applicants that their visas are issued.
My best wishes,
saratracy

SoftwareEngg said:
Hello saratracy,

Good Morning.

First of all BIG CONGRATS to U ...... :)

Can u please tell me when did u get your passport back from port of spain??? Actually, I had sent my passport on 1st Aug2013, after than they
suggested me to add my daughter's name in the application(born outside Canada) and her medical was done on Aug20th. Since than I didnt hear any updates from there side. So, please suggest me how many days they usually takes to return the passport.

Thanks

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hello saratracy,

Thanks for the reply, but I am wondering that how much days they took to send your passport back.

I means date when your passoprt reached to Visa office and the date when u got it back from Visa office.

Thanks

saratracy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
File Transfer...
24-04-2013
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
Hello SoftwareEngg,
I think less than a month in our case.
Best wishes,
saratracy

SoftwareEngg said:
Hello saratracy,

Thanks for the reply, but I am wondering that how much days they took to send your passport back.

I means date when your passoprt reached to Visa office and the date when u got it back from Visa office.

Thanks

sirene

Nov 18, 2011
hi everybody,

congrats to those who successfully landed. i myself took 30 months of waiting. but dont worry your time will come. here's my timeline:
fsw2
mar 2011 - application filed
Aug 20, 2013 - MR, Payment for landing fee, passport and update of infos were requested
Sept 5 - done all the requirements and received by POS ( i included by the way, paid air bill to sent back to me - c/o fedex )
Sept 26 - sent back by POS all docs
Sept 29 - landed as immigrant in Carway ( less than 5 minutes interview )

fyi guys, and to those who are still waiting your time will come soon.

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
ECAS RELATED PLEASE.

For those who already sent their requested items to POS, has anyone ECAS changed to INPROCESS yet?
My package was received by POS on sept 25th,exactly 2 weeks today but my ecas still remain RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE even at my last check this morning.

Anyone whose ecas changed after POS received your sent package, please kindly update us here.
Thanks,
Revival

mike2ca

Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->Ottawa->Port of Spain
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
24-04-2013 to Port of Spain
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
06-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/11/2013, received 18/11/2013
LANDED..........
In Plan
Hi all,

I received notice to submit Medical Results, Updated Documents and Passport request on Aug. 30 from POS. I submitted all of these documents pretty late on Sept. 30 and it was received at POS on Oct. 2. I didn't receive anything from POS yet. I plan to contact with POS when it is two weeks after they received my documents. There are two more friends on this thread, Revival and sushmagp, also received notice from POS a couple of weeks after me, around mid of sept, I believe. On sushmagp's reply on this thread, it says" It generally takes from two to four weeks to make a final decision on your application once ALL the documents have been submitted and your medical results have been approved, excluding mail or courier handling.". So, I guess we still need to wait for some time, hopefully not too long to get the notice after document submission. My current ECAS status is still RBVO but the MER line has been added to it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and good luck to all of us!

Mike

revival said:
ECAS RELATED PLEASE.

For those who already sent their requested items to POS, has anyone ECAS changed to INPROCESS yet?
My package was received by POS on sept 25th,exactly 2 weeks today but my ecas still remain RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE even at my last check this morning.

Anyone whose ecas changed after POS received your sent package, please kindly update us here.
Thanks,
Revival