+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP Ottawa sends to the wrong address

jt187

Jan 7, 2015
Hi all,
I applied for a temporary resident visa within Canada and I had to send my passport to CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640 Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I kept all tracking numbers, followed instructions exactly on how to send it, and according to the tracking number in the Canada Post website, it has been delivered but it's not in my doorstep nor I have that notice to pick it up in the post office. Clearly CPP or whoever sends it sent it to the wrong address.

Anyone have/had the same experience and who should I contact? I can't find any phone number for CPP.
Called Canada Post, all they can do is file a red flag on it, called CIC customer care and they gave me the toll free number for the Temporary Resident Visa department. Other than that I'm at loss.

This is terrible. It was clearly their mistake and I had to pay the price.

Thank you

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
jt187 said:
Hi all,
I applied for a temporary resident visa within Canada and I had to send my passport to CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640 Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I kept all tracking numbers, followed instructions exactly on how to send it, and according to the tracking number in the Canada Post website, it has been delivered but it's not in my doorstep nor I have that notice to pick it up in the post office. Clearly CPP or whoever sends it sent it to the wrong address.

Anyone have/had the same experience and who should I contact? I can't find any phone number for CPP.
Called Canada Post, all they can do is file a red flag on it, called CIC customer care and they gave me the toll free number for the Temporary Resident Visa department. Other than that I'm at loss.

This is terrible. It was clearly their mistake and I had to pay the price.

Thank you
Give Canada Post a week after filing the ticket for the misdelivered package.

We are all humans and we all make mistakes, so be patient and cooperative.

pk7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Jalex23 said:
Give Canada Post a week after filing the ticket for the misdelivered package.

We are all humans and we all make mistakes, so be patient and cooperative.

Hello,
I applied for TRV on December 08, 2014..
They received my paper application on December 11, 2014...
I am just curious that the processing time is around 14 days, I can understand that it might take bit long...but I want to leave for my country by February 02 and its really veryyyy veryyy urgent...any body who applied around same time please share your experience...I also sent them e-mail on January 07, 2014 but they did not reply...

pk7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
TRV applied in December 2014

Hello,
I applied for TRV on December 08, 2014..
They received my paper application on December 11, 2014...
I am just curious that the processing time is around 14 days, I can understand that it might take bit long...but I want to leave for my country by February 02 and its really veryyyy veryyy urgent...any body who applied around same time please share your experience...I also sent them e-mail on January 07, 2014 but they did not reply

Navneet brar

Jun 20, 2018
Hi all I have applied for temporary visa and I havent recieved my passport back..I am worried because I have to leave the country within seven days..can anybody please help me its urgent