+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPCO-FinalRequest extension request

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Hello there,

I reside in the US but I am not a US citizen. Currently I am on a vacation outside the US

Yesterday I received an email with the subject CPCO-FinalRequest , asking me to send my passport within 30 days to get the permanent resident visa. BUT I would back in the US after my travel only after 30+ days. Essentially I need an extension. I know that folks on various forums have been in similar situations and got extensions, but it was not clear on how to go about it ?

The email also mentioned that "If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, you must inform IRCC immediately via the IRCC Web form with details concerning your situation."

Now this is great, when I go to the IRCC Web form page, they ask me
Whether my application is being processed by an office OUTSIDE CANADA ? YES/NO
What is the here, I applied online sitting in the US

If the answer to the above question is YES, Which visa office is processing my application ?
How do I find what office is processing my application ?
I should mentioned that the address where I am supposed to send my passport is in OTTAWA i.e. :
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

I need to move on this ASAP, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

Last edited:

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
Hello there,

I reside in the US but I am not a US citizen. Currently I am on a vacation outside the US

Yesterday I received an email with the subject CPCO-FinalRequest , asking me to send my passport within 30 days to get the permanent resident visa. BUT I would back in the US after my travel only after 30+ days. Essentially I need an extension. I know that folks on various forums have been in similar situations and got extensions, but it was not clear on how to go about it ?

The email also mentioned that "If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, you must inform IRCC immediately via the IRCC Web form with details concerning your situation."

Now this is great, when I go to the IRCC Web form page, they ask me
Whether my application is being processed by an office OUTSIDE CANADA ? YES/NO
What is the here, I applied online sitting in the US

If the answer to the above question is YES, Which visa office is processing my application ?
How do I find what office is processing my application

I need to move on this ASAP, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al
I won't be of much help here, but:

1. I think it is highly difficult to extend it from what i've read and heard. I think only in exceptional circumstances. Since you are vacationing, i don't know whether it applies to your case

2. I think our applications are processed at different Vos (Visa offices). I think yours is Ottawa (Your mail reads CPCO) but await a seniors reply.

Above is just my understanding, which admittedly is not too much.
Someone more informed should be along soon!

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Hello india2canadasg,

I should not have mentioned "Vacationing" per se. I am on a work related trip and I am taking a few few days off as well.

Anyways thanks for your reply.

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
You do not have to have an extension. You can simply ask cic to change your visa offixe for stamping. And you can give your passport for stamping at a location where you are. It is completley legal. And many people have done this successfully.
So you need to send a reply to the email you got. Same Passport Request Email...(ready for visa email)...write to them that you are not in the US and hence cannot hand in your passport to a US visa ofdice for stamping. Then tell them your current location...and ask them to change the stamping office to your current location. It takes 3 working days or less.
They will send you a new ready for visa letter...with your current location visa stamping office.

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Hey @SoniaJav , thanks for the advice. I wish I could do that, but I need my passport at the moment to travel around can't send it for stamping to the local CIC Visa Office.
Also, I need to be back in the US within a stipulated time frame..If I do as advised, what If I do not get my passport back in time to travel back to the US.

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
to close to the loop her, I emailed CIC explaining my situation and they were courteous enough to grant an extension of 30 days.