+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Ottawa

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
How long does it usually take to receive COPR after PPR?
We are living outside in Japan. We have to mail his passport/other documents to the visa office in Tokyo, and then they’ll mail his stuff to the embassy in Hong Kong.

I wonder if Hong Kong will process his COPR? Or if then Hong Kong will send everything to CPC Ottawa? The process is a bit confusing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We are living outside in Japan. We have to mail his passport/other documents to the visa office in Tokyo, and then they’ll mail his stuff to the embassy in Hong Kong.

I wonder if Hong Kong will process his COPR? Or if then Hong Kong will send everything to CPC Ottawa? The process is a bit confusing.
Depends on country and logistics but perhaps a couple of weeks. It's possible they will print the COPR etc in Tokyo, it can be done in any visa office.

Reactions: lovemydoggie

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Depends on country and logistics but perhaps a couple of weeks. It's possible they will print the COPR etc in Tokyo, it can be done in any visa office.
Thanks for your response. I know this question has probably been asked hundreds of times.

I didn’t know the the visa office in Tokyo could process his COPR. For some reason I thought that it had to be sent all the way back to CPC Ottawa to be processed!

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021

are you and your spouse outland applicant? or spousal sponsorship?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I didn’t know the the visa office in Tokyo could process his COPR. For some reason I thought that it had to be sent all the way back to CPC Ottawa to be processed!
I believe in any visa office at a consulate or embassy where there is a visa section (even ones that don't normally process spousal files), they just need the visa printer equipment and the like. They may do locally or send to eg HK depending on things like covid shutdowns. But you submit to wherever they asked you to and they figure out how to handle.

ASD24

Nov 24, 2020
Which month applicants are receiving the PPR from Ottawa now?
This is to guage where my application stands and yes to prepare for the long wait ahead considering Ottawa VO processes applications leisurely.
[Nov 2020 applicant here]

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Which month applicants are receiving the PPR from Ottawa now?
This is to guage where my application stands and yes to prepare for the long wait ahead considering Ottawa VO processes applications leisurely.
[Nov 2020 applicant here]
theres not really a queue, its all over the place. if your from november dont expect it this year - buuuut they might surprise you and do it earlier. Just don't expect it

ASD24

Nov 24, 2020
theres not really a queue, its all over the place. if your from november dont expect it this year - buuuut they might surprise you and do it earlier. Just don't expect it
Thanks there!.. this is for the outland applicants correct?

Ransan

Sep 28, 2020
Those who got ppr in April. Do we need to inform them through web form as we are not able to send passport coz of lockdown

Em2555

Mar 5, 2021
Those who got ppr in April. Do we need to inform them through web form as we are not able to send passport coz of lockdown
Our letter had clear instructions about who to email if we couldn't meet the timeline. I suspect your's might have similar instructions.