+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Ottawa

Ransan

Sep 28, 2020
I just checked my ec
Hi everyone,

My application status changed to “application received” again after being “in process” for almost 15 days. It was changed to “in process” on 2 March 2020. Today it changed to “ application received”

My VO is Ottawa
Application received at Ottawa 8 Dec 2020
Anyone know whats happening?
I just checked my ecas status. It has also been changed to "application received," again.
Earlier it changed to "application received" on 23rd feb2021 nd then updated to "in process" on 2nd March 2021.
Please if anybody knows about this situation, let us know ..

canuckkiwi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
I just checked my ec
I just checked my ecas status. It has also been changed to "application received," again.
Earlier it changed to "application received" on 23rd feb2021 nd then updated to "in process" on 2nd March 2021.
Giving them a call and finding out where it got moved to is your best bet

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just checked my ec
I'd suggest ordering GCMS notes.

Sneed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Same with me, what is Ottawa doing? Places like NDVO has no issues giving out PPRs (wife's friend got hers on 20th Feb and received the Passport back on 4th March).

I am at work so won't be able to call, someone please call and find out.

Reactions: DiiDii and Pink567

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
Same with me, what is Ottawa doing? Places like NDVO has no issues giving out PPRs (wife's friend got hers on 20th Feb and received the Passport back on 4th March).

I am at work so won't be able to call, someone please call and find out.
Exactly!! I know 2-3 people got PPR from NDVO but Ottawa hasn’t sent PPR to anyone since 31st Dec 2020. Someone in Canada should call Ottawa VO and find out.

Sneed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
What's the number and extensions I should dial to talk to an agent? I'll see if I can give them a call.

Edit: Noticing really embarrassing stuff from Canadian Govt. as of late. Remember how they were saying that they had ordered excess vaccines for Covid and any that they don't use will be given to third world countries? Turns out, our ability to procure vaccines and vaccinate pales in comparison to places like India and US. The hubris and smugness on display is embarassing.

Reactions: Pink567

Talwinder22

Oct 27, 2020
I just called immigration canada, they told me that your application is still in Ottawa and will be moving to the nearest VO of PA country. They have not told which VO application is going, also they told me that they do not process outland application here in Ottawa. They process at nearest VO of PA

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
I just called immigration canada, they told me that your application is still in Ottawa and will be moving to the nearest VO of PA country. They have not told which VO application is going
So all along they just parked your application in CPC Ottawa? That's so pathetic and disappointing :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just called immigration canada, they told me that your application is still in Ottawa and will be moving to the nearest VO of PA country. They have not told which VO application is going, also they told me that they do not process outland application here in Ottawa. They process at nearest VO of PA
The general call centre line operators are notoriously inconsistent (i.e. often wrong) about how the internal procedures and processing work. I'm not denying they said it, but they may just not know. They see what comes up on their screen (limited info).

And it also seems that they guess a fair bit - possibly based on rumour or hallway gossip or just outdated info.

Sneed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
If true, this is really infuriating. It was just sitting there for 2 months doing nothing.

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
We've actually had this doubt about Ottawa. That it was enabled only to process the backlog of applications due to the pandemic, and that was all the agents were trained for. Now that all VOs have opened up, they may be moving the priority back to them. It would also explain their ineptitude with sending PPR in a timely manner.