AOR Received.
02-12-2020
File Transfer...
17-12-2020
Med's Request
04-12-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Not sure tho. If not quarterly then maybe depends on the VO when s/he wants to issue the ppr?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
so if there has only been 1 batch... how are we all assuming this is a quarterly thing?
I think people are trying to find a logical explanation that will keep them hopeful. I can believe if the Dec 31st was to meet an annual processing goal, but honestly I don't think there will be a PPR shower on March 31st. But if it does happen, I'll be more than happy to be in that pool.

Joelchickey

Oct 28, 2020
I think people are trying to find a logical explanation that will keep them hopeful. I can believe if the Dec 31st was to meet an annual processing goal, but honestly I don't think there will be a PPR shower on March 31st. But if it does happen, I'll be more than happy to be in that pool.
well hope is good.. i was just curious as to if the quarterly assumption, which is the word on the street, was based on any actual data or not.. but it seems like its simply someones out of thin air "guess" that everyone went along with. Its too bad Ottawa doesn't offer any explanations. we are seeing some other offices do PPR the day after DM.. so its obviously not that complicated. Ottawa just holding out on everyone for some reason... I think it makes more sense that they are holding out to limit travel into Canada than anything else.... thats my best guess... and its gotta be at least as good a guess as "quarterly".

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
well hope is good.. i was just curious as to if the quarterly assumption, which is the word on the street, was based on any actual data or not.. but it seems like its simply someones out of thin air "guess" that everyone went along with. Its too bad Ottawa doesn't offer any explanations. we are seeing some other offices do PPR the day after DM.. so its obviously not that complicated. Ottawa just holding out on everyone for some reason... I think it makes more sense that they are holding out to limit travel into Canada than anything else.... thats my best guess... and its gotta be at least as good a guess as "quarterly".
Even the assumption that they are doing this to limit travel to Canada doesn't add up because in that case other visa offices should be doing the same as well. I think traditionally Ottawa office (and maybe some others) didn't handle these type of applications. Due to covid, some temporary arrangements were made and maybe those officers are back doing what they are supposed to do. So to me it seems like a resource shortage in Ottawa office for processing family class applications.

Last edited:

iamronajane

Star Member
May 21, 2019
AOR Received.
02-12-2020
File Transfer...
17-12-2020
Med's Request
04-12-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Or maybe Ottawa's on lockdown that's why it took long enough for them to process unlike any other VO. If they do limit the the travel, other VO should've been at least release few pprs (say 1-5%?). Because as what Ive seen, every week there's a PPR from other VOs, not monthly but weekly. And why it took almost 3mos for the Ottawa to release one after the Dec 31? We just have to wait and keep wondering why.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Ottawa lockdown was lifted on February 16 and they are now in the “orange zone”
Edit* even if there was a lockdown, aren’t they working from home?

Te9944

Sep 24, 2020
Mine doesn't have one. My application was transferred to Ottawa last Dec 17, last week of February it changed to Application Received then few days after that to In Process but no line 2 or the "we started processing...."
Same with me. It doesn’t add lime that we started proc your application.But ecsa says it’s in process. Idk what’s going on

iamronajane

Star Member
May 21, 2019
AOR Received.
02-12-2020
File Transfer...
17-12-2020
Med's Request
04-12-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Anyone here waiting for DM with no line 2 on PA's side?

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'm gonna guess and say they will move those waiting ppr to the new place they are starting up.

At a glance those ones being moved to other Vo need to send their actual passport, whereas those who only need to send a copy aren't moving... just wild speculation though

gulati.akshay10

Apr 15, 2020
I'm gonna guess and say they will move those waiting ppr to the new place they are starting up.

At a glance those ones being moved to other Vo need to send their actual passport, whereas those who only need to send a copy aren't moving... just wild speculation though
Nah! If I understand you correctly then that is not the case.... my wife is from India & she needs to send her actual passport once she gets PPR. So all sort of files are stuck in Ottawa right now....