+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

CVApp09

Oct 2, 2020
Hi Everyone, I need some feedback. I am currently represented by a lawyer. A group of applicants whose applications are stuck in Mississauga are pursuing Mandamus against IRCC. For this most of them are changing their representation to a particular lawyer so that he/she can file Mandamus on behalf of them. Let me know if its a good idea and if I should go for it ?

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hi Everyone, I need some feedback. I am currently represented by a lawyer. A group of applicants whose applications are stuck in Mississauga are pursuing Mandamus against IRCC. For this most of them are changing their representation to a particular lawyer so that he/she can file Mandamus on behalf of them. Let me know if its a good idea and if I should go for it ?
I would tell you that's a matter of choice. However, your application has only been in process since January 2020. Yes its over the 12 months period but 12 months is just an estimated time. We all know Covid-19 is delaying the process.

Have you chatted with others who have successfully won Writ of Mandamus against IRCC? If yes, how long has their application been in process?

My application has been in process since July 2018 and I've paid enough attorney fees and don't want to pay another attorney to file Writ of Mandamus.

Again, your question is a matter of choice. Do what's best for you and your spouse.

tuweetuwee

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
My file just changed to "in process" again! Please note that i'm not 100% sure my file is in Mississauga. It was the office mentioned in my CSQ.
Are you an outland or inland?

If it is inland - it might be in Mississauga

If it is an outland - you initially sent to CPC Nova Scotia, recently I don't see a transfer letter anymore because the file is processed on the same Visa Office where it was sent, Nova Scotia.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Alexn

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Are you an outland or inland?

If it is inland - it might be in Mississauga

If it is an outland - you initially sent to CPC Nova Scotia, recently I don't see a transfer letter anymore because the file is processed on the same Visa Office where it was sent, Nova Scotia.

Just a thought.
I'm outland. Files are still being transferred, but most people don't know where because the SA doesn't mention it. If you call they will tell you where it is, but both me and sponsor are outside Canada and can't call.
I think my file is in Mississauga because a friend of mine had his file transferred to Singapore and his CSQ has "Singapore" in the same section my CSQ has "Mississauga"

tuweetuwee

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
I'm outland. Files are still being transferred, but most people don't know where because the SA doesn't mention it. If you call they will tell you where it is, but both me and sponsor are outside Canada and can't call.
I think my file is in Mississauga because a friend of mine had his file transferred to Singapore and his CSQ has "Singapore" in the same section my CSQ has "Mississauga"
I don't think your file is in mississauga bec they have so much backlogs.

Maybe the reason why didnt receive a transfer letter bec yours was never transferred but processed on the same Visa office you initially sent your application, CPC-Nova Scotia.

I''ve seen similar cases as yours, I hope you'll get a good news soon.

Reactions: Alexn

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
I don't think your file is in mississauga bec they have so much backlogs.

Maybe the reason why didnt receive a transfer letter bec yours was never transferred but processed on the same Visa office you initially sent your application, CPC-Nova Scotia.

I''ve seen similar cases as yours, I hope you'll get a good news soon.
Hey! You are a August 2019 outland applicant right ? Did you get any update ? DM or PPR ?