+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
MP's Update:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on January 16, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 12, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario.
  • The medical examination results have expired for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Does that mean eligibility is in progress? If so, why my ECAS still shows "application received"? Thoughts anyone...

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
MP's Update:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on January 16, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 12, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Does that mean eligibility is in progress? If so, why my ECAS still shows "application received"? Thoughts anyone...
It means nothing.
They only update stuff if they feel like it. I did my Medical June 2020 and both ECAS and GCkey portal still say I haven't taken one and need to. I sent in a webform last year and they eventually responded they did get the eMedical but nothing was ever updated.

Reactions: rohitsagwal

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
It means nothing.
They only update stuff if they feel like it. I did my Medical June 2020 and both ECAS and GCkey portal still say I haven't taken one and need to. I sent in a webform last year and they eventually responded they did get the eMedical but nothing was ever updated.
I was looking at your timeline. You had no update from Mississauga since your file was sent there over a year ago?

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
MP's Update:

Hi! I received a similar update from my MP last week (see below). From what I've been seeing the last couple of months, majority of CPC-M outland applicants still have a pending eligibility and security. So I am taking this new update as good news. My ECAS have always been application received even right before/after biometrics was requested and submitted. I hope that we will hear more news in the next coming weeks, I ordered notes as well so I'll keep you guys posted once received.

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on January 30, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 19, 2020.
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process.

(Still from MP): In regard to your spouse's sponsorship application, his eligibility assessment is now in process, and the security verifications should be initiated shortly. After finalizing all other reviews in the application, the responsible office will rework the medicals to see if the validity can be extended. They will contact your spouse in due course if the medical results cannot be extended and his's required to redo the medicals.

Last edited:
Reactions: rohitsagwal

Super27

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
MP's Update:

You should get gcms notes...its the only way to verify whether eligibility is in process or its general statement.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
It means nothing.
I was just looking to know whether they are working at all or not on backlogged outland apps

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
I was looking at your timeline. You had no update from Mississauga since your file was sent there over a year ago?
Pretty much, though since I was in Canada, I was called at the end of September to do Biometrics at a Service Canada.