+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

maggarwa

Jan 15, 2020
Today I received my gcms notes - CPC-M hasn’t touched the file since Feb 2020. Eligibility and Security hasn’t even started. Not hopeful that this limbo is going to end anytime soon.

tomtom21

Jul 4, 2018
But they are transfering files from some VO to other VO to keep the burden off...why are the files in Mississauga kept this way so long...?
I dont mean to depress anyone here but feels like we are in a black hole. N ontario is in lockdown again if that has anything to do with IRCC or not idk.
So this is my perception about CPC-M and in no way its proven but just a guess - The applications that seem to be stuck at CPC-M are not straight forward (again this is just my opinion and I might be wrong). I can say that as my spouse's application is not straight forward - this is my second marriage and she is also a divorcee. Also, the documents we submitted with her application requires validation by specific person only as some of them are translated and requires background knowledge on marriage act of my country, etc. Therefore in my opinion, its taking time to get our turn with these specific IRCC people who are the only ones that can validate the exceptional situation of our application. I once heard my company lawyer saying that CPC-M is a very small office with only 7-8 staff members. Have they increased the staff at CPC-M or not, not sure. A

Let me ask the people on this forum, do you know/think that your applications are straight forward and still stuck at this visa office. If that's the case then my theory is not correct....but as I said, this is just my individual analysis and not backed up by any proof.

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
So this is my perception about CPC-M and in no way its proven but just a guess - The applications that seem to be stuck at CPC-M are not straight forward (again this is just my opinion and I might be wrong). I can say that as my spouse's application is not straight forward - this is my second marriage and she is also a divorcee. Also, the documents we submitted with her application requires validation by specific person only as some of them are translated and requires background knowledge on marriage act of my country, etc. Therefore in my opinion, its taking time to get our turn with these specific IRCC people who are the only ones that can validate the exceptional situation of our application. I once heard my company lawyer saying that CPC-M is a very small office with only 7-8 staff members. Have they increased the staff at CPC-M or not, not sure. A

Let me ask the people on this forum, do you know/think that your applications are straight forward and still stuck at this visa office. If that's the case then my theory is not correct....but as I said, this is just my individual analysis and not backed up by any proof.
Wrong! My application is about as simple and straight forward as it can get and many people with the same profile as mine have gotten their PR in as little as 8 months pre COVID and 14-16 months post COVID. It is just that CPC Mississauga has extremely incompetent management and I am not hopeful that situation will improve no matter what we do.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Wrong! My application is about as simple and straight forward as it can get and many people with the same profile as mine have gotten their PR in as little as 8 months pre COVID and 14-16 months post COVID. It is just that CPC Mississauga has extremely incompetent management and I am not hopeful that situation will improve no matter what we do.
People from August 2020 has got their apps approved in Mar 2021 (approx. 8 months) in the middle of the pandemic and here we are. Any reason/excuse can not justify their incompetence. The least they can do now is to speed-up the process and share files among other visa offices within Canada.

Reactions: rrss13

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

Yes every file/case is different and can take a longer time than the 12 month period that IRCC set for Spousal applications (Not applicable anymore for people who applied in 2019/Early 2020)

As I'm an Outland spousal Application and with all the posts I have seen, the simplest (Outland) files use to end up at CPC-Mississauga before Covid-19. Also, there were cases where CPC-Mississauga has to forward some files to the Applicant's country of residence as well, judging the case complexity.

If we talk about the current situation, clearly lockdowns are affecting these applications as many have requested GCMS notes and seen nothing happened after Feb/March 2020, and there are no measures yet in place by CPC-M to resolve this issue.

Not an expert on Inland applications but things may be different for them.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
I asked my MP to get me an update about our file.
She told me that for the background check :
- Criminality is done and approved on February 22, 2021
- Eligibility is done and approved on February 22, 2021
- Security is still in process
Since my medical expired on December 2020, she told that IRCC sent a request to a immigration departement so they can see if my husband has to do the medical again, or they will extend it.
Let's hope for the best.
November 2019 outland applicant, File in CPC-Mississauga

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Since my medical expired on December 2020, she told that IRCC sent a request to a immigration departement so they can see if my husband has to do the medical again, or they will extend it.
Let's hope for the best.
Seems they are picking up backlogs. Good news!

Reactions: MayTa

Peekapoo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Let's hope for the best.
That's great to know..did you order gcms notes.. eligibility passed is mentioned there??

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Let's hope for the best.
That is great news ! Does that mean they are working on files again? I hope all of us hear some news soon !

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
That's great to know..did you order gcms notes.. eligibility passed is mentioned there??
I am still waiting for them.. I ordered them on March 5. So this is after the eligibility passed... when I'll get it, I'll tell you if it is mentionned !

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
That is great news ! Does that mean they are working on files again? I hope all of us hear some news soon !
I hope so! She also told me that they are trying to work with other VO so they can process the files faster :/ let's hope it's true

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Just got CSQ and found out my app went to Mississauga. Outland July 2020. Really don't know why they keep sending apps to Mississauga if they are so behind

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Just got CSQ and found out my app went to Mississauga. Outland July 2020. Really don't know why they keep sending apps to Mississauga if they are so behind
Reallyy? I thought they won’t send files there anymore.. that is weird