+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong but the email below is stating that eligibility is in process right? Because today I called IRCC's call center again to see if the information below is already updated on my husband's file, only to find out for the second time that it's still NOT STARTED. I don't know what and who to believe anymore. :(
Call centre is the least reliable source of information. I've said before: this 'started/not-started' terminology that the phone agent is telling you does not mean much; finished one step (eg AOR) means the next step has started - it does not mean that someone actually has the file in their hands reading it right now. There are separate processes that can go on in parallel, and for them, it waiting in a queue is also 'in process.'

The response to MP confirms this.

"If any of these verifications have been initiated, we conclude that the assessment for the applicant is in process. "

The assessment is the whole thing and it is 'in process.' If you want to drive yourself crazy by comparing to what the call centre agent says, by all means, but it's completely unproductive.

Order gcms notes if you wish, of course.

Reactions: Alexis1971

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Call centre is the least reliable source of information. I've said before: this 'started/not-started' terminology that the phone agent is telling you does not mean much; finished one step (eg AOR) means the next step has started - it does not mean that someone actually has the file in their hands reading it right now. There are separate processes that can go on in parallel, and for them, it waiting in a queue is also 'in process.'

The response to MP confirms this.

"If any of these verifications have been initiated, we conclude that the assessment for the applicant is in process. "

The assessment is the whole thing and it is 'in process.' If you want to drive yourself crazy by comparing to what the call centre agent says, by all means, but it's completely unproductive.

Order gcms notes if you wish, of course.
Then what's the point of having call centre agents for this type of situation if they're unreliable in the first place. I have received my notes a few weeks ago, generated on May 18 and the assessment part for eligibility is "not started". I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm just really really frustrated. Thanks for always helping.

Edit: The information below was from my MP last April 15, they shouldn't have said that if the application is waiting in queue

"In regard to your spouse's sponsorship application, his eligibility assessment is now in process, and the security verifications should be initiated shortly. After finalizing all other reviews in the application, the responsible office will rework the medicals to see if the validity can be extended. They will contact your spouse in due course if the medical results cannot be extended and his's required to redo the medicals."

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Then what's the point of having call centre agents for this type of situation if they're unreliable in the first place.
Because if they closed the call centre, everyone would go berserk. In terms of utility, might well be more effective.

I have received my notes a few weeks ago, generated on May 18 and the assessment part for eligibility is "not started". It's a stupid move to have applicants think that application is "in process" when it's still waiting in queue.
You're getting information from an internal database and getting mad the terminology doesn't correspond to normal English. It's not English - it's computer. Actually the status is 010001001.

There's a separate point that 'elgibilty' and 'assessment' and 'background check' are distinct concepts that are used differently (and there are several different types of background check used). The response to MP basically told you what's going on.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Great! Thanks for letting me know and thank you for making me it look like that the terminology is the only reason of my frustration today. I'm so happy to be reaching 17 months without a clue on when will I see my husband

You're getting information from an internal database and getting mad the terminology doesn't correspond to normal English. It's not English - it's computer. Actually the status is 010001001.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Great! Thanks for letting me know and thank you for making me it look like that the terminology is the only reason of my frustration today. I'm so happy to be reaching 17 months without a clue on when will I see my husband
You are right to be frustrated and I understand; sorry can't help. But the mismatch between what the call centre agent and other sources tell you is not the issue.

Reactions: slough

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
You are right to be frustrated and I understand; sorry can't help. But the mismatch between what the call centre agent and other sources tell you is not the issue.
In the bigger picture does it really matter which one is correct...something is being done on your file. We just have to wait. I've been waiting since July 2018 for my husband's file to process. If I continue calling and reading I'm going to get more and more frustrated. I have two kids who need me to be strong and I also have a job that I need to focus on so I can have an income. Let it go...something is being done and that's all that matters for now.

Reactions: pk_17

pk_17

May 4, 2021
In the bigger picture does it really matter which one is correct...something is being done on your file. We just have to wait. I've been waiting since July 2018 for my husband's file to process. If I continue calling and reading I'm going to get more and more frustrated. I have two kids who need me to be strong and I also have a job that I need to focus on so I can have an income. Let it go...something is being done and that's all that matters for now.
I agree with you .

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
If any please help me out about s.16 (2) c . I got my gcms notes it was showing s.16(2)c. Please explain. Thank you . Appreciate in advanced.
My file is in mississauga outland applicatio

user11110000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hi everyone. I just got my GCMS notes and under eligibility it says Review required. Is that a bad sign? Any advice on what that could mean? Thanks so much!

Reactions: Peter1997