+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi guys! I've got great news... I just recieved my PPR and pre-arrival email!! Things are moving! The first thing I did was of course call my partner in Canada, but the second thing on my list was to let you know!
It's been an awfully quiet wait, and things are looking up for us all now.. Mississauga are checking things off the list again!
Kindly please share your PA's country of residence.

VJ2012

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
I'm outland, currently living in Australia and my visa office is Mississauga. You can see my timeline in my signature below :)
Congrats ! It keeps the hope up.
Do you mind sharing if you had a status update related to background check started before your PPR email. Interested to jnow how much typically they take presently.

Reactions: MayTa

VJ2012

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Congrats ! It keeps the hope up.
Do you mind sharing if you had a status update related to background check started before your PPR email. Interested to jnow how much typically they take presently.
* interested to know how much time do they take from background chk to PPR

britt_a

Nov 29, 2019
* interested to know how much time do they take from background chk to PPR
I never received any kind of dated status update for a background check.

GCKEY currently states that my profile has been updated with the most recent update stating that I passed my medical back in March. ECAS says 'decision made' but no new information when I click through.

I know this isn't helpful when you're checking your profile for updates every day. Like what many people have said on this forum, unfortunately profiles aren't always a true reflection of your applications process!

Hang in there guys! :) :)

Reactions: rohitsagwal

Super27

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Just saw some outland applicants with VO Ottawa got their DM yesterday ...just within 9 months! Idk what CPC - M is waiting for?

flementine

Dec 5, 2019
BC
Hi all!

October 2019 applicant here. Just received DM from CPC-M this morning. Any ideas as to how long it will take to know what the actual decision is? Thanks for your input.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi all!

October 2019 applicant here. Just received DM from CPC-M this morning. Any ideas as to how long it will take to know what the actual decision is? Thanks for your input.
Congratulations!!!

You cannot check actually Decision on ECAS. Soon PA will get Passport Request and GCKey will be updated once they issued the COPR.

Kindly please share your timeline and PA's country of residence.

Thanks.

flementine

Dec 5, 2019
BC
Congratulations!!!

You cannot check actually Decision on ECAS. Soon PA will get Passport Request and GCKey will be updated once they issued the COPR.

Kindly please share your timeline and PA's country of residence.

Thanks.
Thanks! Hopefully it doesn’t take much longer from here! Timeline:

PA: USA (in Canada)
App Received: Oct 23 2019
AOR: Nov 17 2019
SA: Jan 2020
Biometrics: Feb 6 2020
Medical Passed: Feb 15 2020
ECAS In Process: Sep 9 2020
ECAS DM: Nov 29 2020

flementine

Dec 5, 2019
BC
congrats!! Is it an outland application or inland?
I applied under Outland Common Law, but have been in Canada most of the time as a visitor and informed IRCC of my visitor status in Canada once I returned from visiting family (early 2020).

Serena23

Nov 29, 2020
If I got decision made and my work permit expires January 2021 should I extend my work permit or just wait??

Serena23

Nov 29, 2020
I'm not sure but I spoke to a cic agent on the 24 of November he said everything went well and asked if the officer didn't send off the ppr yet then I checked ecas and it said DM