Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Haiderzaidi said:
Ok.. thats not good mate..

I have done my degree evaluation & WES has approved but the winds arent coming that well from Canada for accounting jobs. CPA does approve my degreee here in Austalia & it should do in Canada too since its the same regulatory body. So are you into your accouting job?

This might help you

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/paid-internships-through-career-edge-t174105.0.html
careeredge is old system has some procedure
i applied online but no response yet after 7 months. thanks
all written things claimed may not be true

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well thats bad...

so again, are you onto any accounting job currently ?

VIKARAMJ

Feb 16, 2015
Hi Nekeol

I m confused between CPA or CA, which one should I join.

I have CA degree from ICAI, India.

As per MOU between ICAI and CICA, I only need to clear UFE to get CA degree from CICA.

or

Should I go for CPA Canada, since they are unifying, CPA seems to be future of Canadian Accounting/Auditing.

Pls advice....Thanks in advance man !!!

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
VIKARAMJ said:
Hi Nekeol

I m confused between CPA or CA, which one should I join.

I have CA degree from ICAI, India.

As per MOU between ICAI and CICA, I only need to clear UFE to get CA degree from CICA.

or

Should I go for CPA Canada, since they are unifying, CPA seems to be future of Canadian Accounting/Auditing.

Pls advice....Thanks in advance man !!!
ALL ARE UNIFIED THERE IS NO MORE CA IN CANADA.
YOU MUST HAVE TO GO FOR CPA AND SAME PROCESS. IT IS SAME ONLY CHANGED THE NAME AND MERGED WITH OTHER ACCOUNTING DESIGNATIONS. DONT WORRY JUST GET UR DEGREES ATTESTED FROM WES. AND ENJOY.

WISH U GOOD LUCK. visit gocpaontario.ca

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Sorry for my ignorance. I am posting this question on behalf of my wife.

My wife has finished all the exams for ACCA but not work experience requirement, in short she is an affiliate ACCA member.

What are her option for CPA Canada? I know there is MoU between ACCA and CGA for full members, but I am particularly interested how can my wife use her ACCA exams to be an certified accountant in Canada.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
PhdStream said:
Sorry for my ignorance. I am posting this question on behalf of my wife.

My wife has finished all the exams for ACCA but not work experience requirement, in short she is an affiliate ACCA member.

What are her option for CPA Canada? I know there is MoU between ACCA and CGA for full members, but I am particularly interested how can my wife use her ACCA exams to be an certified accountant in Canada.
she has to complete here practical training from the authorized trainer or she can bring any training certificate from your home country and then CPA will evaluate her experience, whether she is eligible for full exemption or partial exemption.
then she has to pass some remaining core courses here such as Canadian corporate laws, taxation etc to get full cpa membership. all mou are still acceptable by the CPA with CGA or CA or CMA
I will suggest to bring expedience certificate from any good company, and evaluate equivalency from your home country and apply through www.gocpaontario.ca fro free marks evaluation and exemptions.

Ashraf

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
nekeol said:
she has to complete here practical training from the authorized trainer or she can bring any training certificate from your home country and then CPA will evaluate her experience, whether she is eligible for full exemption or partial exemption.
then she has to pass some remaining core courses here such as Canadian corporate laws, taxation etc to get full cpa membership. all mou are still acceptable by the CPA with CGA or CA or CMA
I will suggest to bring expedience certificate from any good company, and evaluate equivalency from your home country and apply through www.gocpaontario.ca fro free marks evaluation and exemptions.

Ashraf
Many thanks for the reply. It was of great help. Only confused with one point "all mou are still acceptable by the CPA with CGA or CA or CMA" do you mean that assessment by CPA is acceptable by CGA/CA/CMA?

Apr 25, 2015
Hi This is Biswanath from India, recently my application for CPA, CA got approved and I have been exempted from PREP, and only have to complete capstone 1 & 2, business law, CFE and may also be exempted from 30 months experience requirement. Do I have a chance to join a company in ontario in an apprentice position? How long do you guys think it maight take to complete cpa from here. I am 35 years old and have more than 13 years of experience in auditing & assurance, acconting, finance. I have done MBA, MCom, CMA, CISA. Do you think its awise decision to do CPA at this stage?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
biswanathdas1981 said:
Hi This is Biswanath from India, recently my application for CPA, CA got approved and I have been exempted from PREP, and only have to complete capstone 1 & 2, business law, CFE and may also be exempted from 30 months experience requirement. Do I have a chance to join a company in ontario in an apprentice position? How long do you guys think it maight take to complete cpa from here. I am 35 years old and have more than 13 years of experience in auditing & assurance, acconting, finance. I have done MBA, MCom, CMA, CISA. Do you think its awise decision to do CPA at this stage?
cpa Canada is much easier than CA therofe it will be good chice to join cpa

it may take only two years for u to complete CPA. many firms are looking for qualified staff like u with experience and education. but this will happend only when u ill be here.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hai nekeol, I got some planning can you advice me on this.
I am from Pakistan I was searching for this topic since weeks.
Ot: I am Doing A'levels at the moment, My plans are to go For ACCA From London, then CA and Then CFA from London.. After that Go for Canada for sake of Citizenship.. Will you advice me on this?
Tho I got some other plans too Like go for Canada do BBA then MBA and thrn CPA .. but studying in canada is not good in my view.. Why? Till MBA it will take 6 years and ACCA+CA from UK will take 6 Years and ACCA+CA is Far better then MBA+BBA you know that.. And Degress/Education matters.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Hussain Junejo said:
Hai nekeol, I got some planning can you advice me on this.
I am from Pakistan I was searching for this topic since weeks.
Ot: I am Doing A'levels at the moment, My plans are to go For ACCA From London, then CA and Then CFA from London.. After that Go for Canada for sake of Citizenship.. Will you advice me on this?
Tho I got some other plans too Like go for Canada do BBA then MBA and thrn CPA .. but studying in canada is not good in my view.. Why? Till MBA it will take 6 years and ACCA+CA from UK will take 6 Years and ACCA+CA is Far better then MBA+BBA you know that.. And Degress/Education matters.
CPA Canada is entirely different topic than immigration?
what do u want? immigration to Canada or to go for CPA?

anyhow at present in Pakistan ACCA line is much better which can help you to migrate Canada in future.
but u can not say that MBA+BBA is not good, depends upon many conditions. Canada immigration laws are frequently changing, I will suggest don't predict these laws remains the same in future as well.
rest is up to you. wish u good luck. Nekeol

camehul

Apr 21, 2015
Hello nekeol,
I am interested to go for CPA, as I am Chartered Accountant in India. My questions are:
1. Even if there is MOU between two Institute, whether I need to assess my degree from wes?
2. After registration to CPA for exams, under which visa I need to apply to come to Canada, i.e., Study visa or Visitors visa or work Visa, because there is need for 30 months of practical experience under CPA program, if they assess my experience below level.

Please help in this regard, if you have any idea, as I am too much confused.
Thanks in advance

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
1. Even if there is MOU between two Institute, whether I need to assess my degree from wes? YES from WES (Paper to paper will be preferred)

2. After registration to CPA for exams, under which visa I need to apply to come to Canada, i.e., Study visa or Visitors visa or work Visa, because there is need for 30 months of practical experience under CPA program, if they assess my experience below level.

YOU CANT BE ADMITTED UNLEES OR UNTILL U R PRESNT IN CANADA. CPA CANAD IS NOT DEALING OUT SIDE CANADAIN. FIRST COME IN CANDA AND THEN APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO CANADA CPA

Apr 25, 2015
nekeol said:
cpa Canada is much easier than CA therofe it will be good chice to join cpa

it may take only two years for u to complete CPA. many firms are looking for qualified staff like u with experience and education. but this will happend only when u ill be here.
Hi Nekeol,

Thanks very much for your valuable inputs. Looking forward to receive my assessment result soon and visit Canada and take the process further.

Apr 25, 2015
biswanathdas1981 said:
Hi All the forum members,

It feels great to share with you all that I have finally been granted full exemption from 3 years experience requirements, PREP, except Canadian Law course and only have to clear Capstone 1 and 2 and CFE. Final Assessment decision was mailed to me. Hoping to complete the course requirements soon.