+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoVID19 Travel Ban by Canada on All Foreign Nationals-Does it include COPR holders? Will my airline allow me to fly from India to Toronto?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As as been said on many threads on here it is not necessarily what has been published by IRCC that will determine whether immediate family members of citizens or PRs can travel it will be whether the airline checkin is convinced of the relationship to allow boarding,

Add to that of course whether in the near future any airlines are left flying into Canada for an extended time period given they will not want to fly nearly empty or expose their crews unecessarily, or simply Canada like some other countries simply bans International passenger flights for a while. Then of course you have the scenario that if not a direct flight you have transit country restrictions where a traveller could be stuck in transit.

We all on here can give some hope / interpretation of what has been published as far as travel but ultimately this situation is bigger than this forum and nobody can predict anything even hour by hour. Personally if was me and accept is difficult I would stay put in home country until it is safe to travel but thats just me

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

Harsha23

May 23, 2019
Srilanka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/07/2019
AOR Received.
7/8/2019
Med's Request
24/72019
Med's Done....
28/08/2019
Passport Req..
31/01/2020
Yes travel ban valid for copr holders. Shall we all request copr holders to enter Canada. That can be done if we all send mail to ircc or primeminister

Manmeet@123

Nov 1, 2018
Guys i am permanent residence of canada and my wife was having copr valid until 15 april and yesterday long short story she went to airport delhi to get through air canada and then they did not let her go in. They dont even listen my wife explained them that my husband is pr they strickly say no. I was on call with my wife and i was in so much anger i tried to explain them they dont listen they are just illiterate people working and then my wife has to go back. I was keep explaining them that she is an immidiate family member but that dumb people over there keep saying no and harrasing my wife. She waited for one year to get copr and now all this what a bad luck we have!!!!!

Reactions: Hargur nahal

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes travel ban valid for copr holders. Shall we all request copr holders to enter Canada. That can be done if we all send mail to ircc or primeminister
With respect do you not think that maybe the PM and the Canadian Government has a few more important things to be concerned with at the moment ? Accept it is hard for families to be apart but the government focus has to be on securing the health of the country at the moment. If things improve am sure they will look at reuniting families as soon as possible

Cesscita

Mar 19, 2020
Hi! Anyone who have any idea how we can make a petition for the COPR holder? At least they should give us a chance to enter canada :(

Mr.Worldwide

Nov 25, 2019
Im also in the same situation, having a COPR.
But the news, I think its all banned until 30 june 2020. That's very sad

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Seems yes...she can
I spoke to a Canadian Border Services Agent today and she confirmed that if one spouse has PRV & COPR and the other spouse is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, then the one with the PR & COPR can fly and will be allowed to enter Canada.

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
But it states that immediate member can travel right?

So my wife can come as I'm already here?

I spoke to a Canadian Border Services Agent today and she confirmed that if one spouse has PRV & COPR and the other spouse is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, then the one with the PR & COPR can fly and will be allowed to enter Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
All very well but travellers still need to be prepared to convince an airline checkin agent assuming can get a flight in the first place given airlines are suspending the majority of their schedules due to lack of demand and too many restrictions.

Good luck to anyone who wants to try travelling just make sure you can convince the airline given they decide whether you can board their planes based on the information in front of them not CBSA.

Reactions: El Jefe

Naveedwaqar

Apr 9, 2012
COPR holders can travel now as per CIC!
However, "those affected by these exemptions should not try to travel to Canada immediately. We will announce when the exemptions are in place, which we anticipate will be early next week".

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Agree that whilst people might consder this good news to get clarity but still assumes can find an airline still flying internationally in particular where an indirect transit is required given many airlines parking up most their fleets/laying off staff at least until end June so finding a seat may be challenging for a while.

At least for everyone now the situation is clear although nothing specific about 14 day self isolation on arrival which should be a requirement for the next few months. Plus there are all the ramifications of arriving in a new country virtually in shutdown so unless have immediate family immigration will likely be significantly harder on arrival than usual with many businesses in shutdown for a few months.

Add to this assuming a 14 day self isolation is imposed the challenge of that for a new immigrant and does anyone really want to self isolate with their immediate family members to worst case find out they just happen to be positive themselves?

Hard as it might be if the extension option still open people should seriously consider staying put at least until the summer

Last edited:
Reactions: neeti2090