+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoVID19 Travel Ban by Canada on All Foreign Nationals-Does it include COPR holders? Will my airline allow me to fly from India to Toronto?

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Agree that whilst people might consder this good news to get clarity but still assumes can find an airline still flying internationally in particular where an indirect transit is required given many airlines parking up most their fleets/laying off staff at least until end June so finding a seat may be challenging for a while.

At least for everyone now the situation is clear although nothing specific about 14 day self isolation on arrival which should be a requirement for the next few months. Plus there are all the ramifications of arriving in a new country virtually in shutdown so unless have immediate family immigration will likely be significantly harder on arrival than usual with many businesses in shutdown for a few months.

Add to this assuming a 14 day self isolation is imposed the challenge of that for a new immigrant and does anyone really want to self isolate with their immediate family members to worst case find out they just happen to be positive themselves?

Hard as it might be if the extension option still open people should seriously consider staying put at least until the summer
Will extensions be subject to new medical & police checks?

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Nobody knows if a new medical will be required. Lots of unknowns at this point.
Maybe if IRCC came up with a statement about how they will process extensions it would put a lot of peoples minds at rest. The trouble is that the current rules don't actually prevent COPR holders landing they just make it awkward / difficult.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Maybe if IRCC came up with a statement about how they will process extensions it would put a lot of peoples minds at rest. The trouble is that the current rules don't actually prevent COPR holders landing they just make it awkward / difficult.
very hard to come up with rules when you don’t know when things will return to normal. For example if people are able to land in May they might not need a new medical. If this continues to August then a medical has a higher chance of being needed. The government is dealing with more pressing issues first.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
very hard to come up with rules when you don’t know when things will return to normal. For example if people are able to land in May they might not need a new medical. If this continues to August then a medical has a higher chance of being needed. The government is dealing with more pressing issues first.
If they put a policy in place it would stop thousands of people emailing and phoning to try and find out what's going on, thus saving the government time and allowing them to get on with fighting the pandemic. How about they say: "Valid COPRs will be extended for a period equal to the period of the travel ban up to a maximum of 6 months" - there done! and review in 6 months if necessary.

Reactions: hinavin

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
If they put a policy in place it would stop thousands of people emailing and phoning to try and find out what's going on, thus saving the government time and allowing them to get on with fighting the pandemic. How about they say: "Valid COPRs will be extended for a period equal to the period of the travel ban up to a maximum of 6 months" - there done! and review in 6 months if necessary.
Agree .. that will really help everyone if they assure us that visa's will get extended.So far we don't know about that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
6 months would be a very generous extension especially in the case when permits people have had 3 years to move.. They did post to send in a webform and that extensions would be available.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
6 months would be a very generous extension especially in the case when permits people have had 3 years to move.. They did post to send in a webform and that extensions would be available.
but is it confirmed that extensions will be given or just an assumption?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
but is it confirmed that extensions will be given or just an assumption?
It will depend on the circumstances. If you have proof that you were unable to leave and your COPR is now expired you should be eligible for an extension. If you decided not come to Canada because you didn’t want to fly it is unknown what will happen.

Reactions: neeti2090

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
It will depend on the circumstances. If you have proof that you were unable to leave and your COPR is now expired you should be eligible for an extension. If you decided not come to Canada because you didn’t want to fly it is unknown what will happen.
India has extended locked until April 30th for now and may even extend after that so cant travel and copr will expire.Valid reason for extending copr.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
India has extended locked until April 30th for now and may even extend after that so cant travel and copr will expire.Valid reason for extending copr.
Yes. Although you will have to keep an eye on when things change and your expiry date. Would contact via webform. You may not get an answer about new expiry until they figure out when the borders are reopening.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Yes. Although you will have to keep an eye on when things change and your expiry date. Would contact via webform. You may not get an answer about new expiry until they figure out when the borders are reopening.
Thanks a lot. I have already raised a webform and received the standard email reply which everyone has received. Is there any other way to let them know too? By email?

Kay verma

Apr 14, 2020
Hi
I have got my COPR on 11 may. How do i validate it? I can’t go for landing appointment because they are not taking any calls and also I can’t go for flag polling as well because of Covid19. My work permit is going to expire next month. What should i do? Should i extend my work permit?
Please help
Thanks