+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID19 - Client Instruction letter for the applications who received Passport request in the past

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hello, Based on the circular provided by High commission of Canada, New Delhi and the update on VFS India site - did anyone receive the Instruction letter (to submit the passport) who received the passport request letter in the past?

IRCC is now sending out passport request letters with an instruction letter sent separately by mail or electronically. If you receive this instruction letter, follow the instructions enclosed in it and submit it with your passport. Do not submit a passport without this letter. If you submit your passport without a genuine instruction letter from IRCC, which has a unique client code, your passport will not be processed and will be returned to you at your own expense. VACs remained closed for the health and safety of clients and staff. This 2-way courier service is the first step towards resuming some VAC services in India. More details to come as we monitor the situation

ALEX2123

Oct 26, 2020
I received the OPR request yesterday but no separate instructions for 2 way courier.. Very confused

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
I have not received the courier instruction letter, I received the PPR in April 2020
I am permanent resident in Canada and received the PPR for my overseas spouse in the month of April 2020. Waiting for the client instruction letter. The wait goes on and on . .

terencepin

Nov 2, 2020
I am permanent resident in Canada and received the PPR for my overseas spouse in the month of April 2020. Waiting for the client instruction letter. The wait goes on and on . .
In the exact same situation, hopefully things work out soon in our favor, let this forum know if anything does progress, thanks

New Delhi

Aug 25, 2020
I received my PPR from IRCC yesterday. But they haven't sent any instructions on how to submit the passport with their two way courier service. The PPR says that if I do not submit my passport within 30 days, my application may be canceled.

Reactions: ALEX2123

ALEX2123

Oct 26, 2020
I received my PPR from IRCC yesterday. But they haven't sent any instructions on how to submit the passport with their two way courier service. The PPR says that if I do not submit my passport within 30 days, my application may be canceled.
Same

CJ here

Nov 6, 2020
Hello, Based on the circular provided by High commission of Canada, New Delhi and the update on VFS India site - did anyone receive the Instruction letter (to submit the passport) who received the passport request letter in the past?

IRCC is now sending out passport request letters with an instruction letter sent separately by mail or electronically. If you receive this instruction letter, follow the instructions enclosed in it and submit it with your passport. Do not submit a passport without this letter. If you submit your passport without a genuine instruction letter from IRCC, which has a unique client code, your passport will not be processed and will be returned to you at your own expense. VACs remained closed for the health and safety of clients and staff. This 2-way courier service is the first step towards resuming some VAC services in India. More details to come as we monitor the situation
The IRCC send me a passport request letter, too. I want to ask do I need to get biometric? During my medical at St Luke's hospital I applied for visa application which they have taken my photo, fingerprints and signature, in this case is this considered to be biometric? or should I apply again?

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
The IRCC send me a passport request letter, too. I want to ask do I need to get biometric? During my medical at St Luke's hospital I applied for visa application which they have taken my photo, fingerprints and signature, in this case is this considered to be biometric? or should I apply again?
Biometrics are taken at the Visa application center (VAC), not in hospital. I believe you have to provide your biometrics to VAC

ravish02

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016

DID you get any instruction letter yet ?

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Latest update from High commission of Canada, India. Looks like without the client instruction letter we can now send the passport to VFS for stamping purpose
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update
As of today, November 13, all clients who receive a passport request letter from IRCC may now contact VFS at: PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com to confirm their 2-way courier service.
Please include your unique passport request letter with your submission for verification.
If you have not received a passport request letter we request your patience as volumes continue to be high. Please note: Unsolicited passports will be returned without being processed

Reactions: terencepin