+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID 19 - Wait for PGWP extension or use 204(c) Letter of Support?

PLDAr

May 5, 2020
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I applied for a PGWP extension by paper on January 30, 2020 (Classic situation where I wasn't given the 3 full years because of passport expiry date), it is due to expire on 2 days!! May 7th..
I applied for Express Entry on March 25th and got an invitation to apply for AINP - Express Entry Stream, I rushed everything and I applied for a AINP on April 1st 2020.
I was hoping to get a reply about my PGWP extension BEFORE AINP would get to process my application... For what I read before on the website i needed to have a VALID work permit (not implied status) by the time i applied and my AINP was processed...

I was able to link my PGWP on my CIC Account, and it still just says "Submitted", nothing else. I have not received a Biometrics Letter or anything about it.

I know we are all experiencing delays with applications because of the COVID 19 situation, but is it normal that is taking so long to get any messages/confirmation about my application?
From what I read in this forum, getting the Biometrics Letter takes no longer than a couple of weeks.

Lucky for me, what i thought would take 6 months to get a final decision on, only took 1 month! AINP replied today! and i got a Confirmation of Nomination.

Here is the where I don't know what to do next..

They included a 204(c) Letter of Support to get a Work Permit
Since I already applied for that extension on my PGWP, would I even need this letter?
Would it speed up the process or help at all if I send it to IRCC with my PGWP Extention Application Number? Should I save it just in case my PGWP Extention gets denied (I did not have the remark that said I could extend it so it might still be a possibility)
Or should i just keep waiting until i hear back from the IRCC even if I do end up going into implied status?

What would be the best way to approach this situation?
Please advice :)
Thank you in advance.