+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 / PR VISA about to expire

aflatun

Aug 27, 2015
Dears,

My PR VISA will expire very soon, and looks like I will not be able to enter Canada earlier due-to restrictions.
What happens then? If the flights operate in September, will I be able to travel Canada with my expired visa? Could someone tell me about the process?

Thank you

aflatun

Aug 27, 2015

thanks

they say -
Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If we already approved your permanent resident application but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the Web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

- So the question is about NEXT. Will have I to remedical? Will have i to pass my passport for a new visa?
- What is the time gap before using the webform to inform about my travel plans and the actual flight? How much time do I need to reserve before actual flight?

Last edited:

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
thanks

they say -
Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If we already approved your permanent resident application but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the Web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

- So the question is about NEXT. Will have I to remedical? Will have i to pass my passport for a new visa?
- What is the time gap before using the webform to inform about my travel plans and the actual flight? How much time do I need to reserve before actual flight?
Medical : maybe
New visa: likely yes
Time : whatever time you need to get all the steps done, I would not book travel plans before getting notification from ircc

Ircc is also in same boat as you as they are trying to figure their plans, there would be a huge load. So it might take some time

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Dears,

My PR VISA will expire very soon, and looks like I will not be able to enter Canada earlier due-to restrictions.
What happens then? If the flights operate in September, will I be able to travel Canada with my expired visa? Could someone tell me about the process?

Thank you
Question, what kind of restrictions are you referring to? PR's should be allowed into Canada now

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Covid would come up under h&c reasons for extension

Jan 2021 is quite far off and hopefully situation should be better by then

aflatun

Aug 27, 2015
Got reply after web form -

Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
any other relevant information.
How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)
your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC via the IRCC Webform.We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

I feel more or less ok with almost all the points. But I am very nervous regarding the bullet employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
As i have no job offer, and I thought about looking for a job inside Canada.
Will be I rejected a new visa if i have no secured job in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Due to the recession, high unemployment and many still on special unemployment programs and nant enployers undergoing a hiring freeze Canada wants to make sure thst they are admitting people who won't end up on welfare. Would include your plans for finding employment. Show there is demand for your skills through multiple job listings. Would consider applying for jobs and getting a Canadian phone #. Would show that your have more than the minimum POF if that it the case and you are prepared for a longer period of unemployment if that is what happens.

EricD

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Due to the recession, high unemployment and many still on special unemployment programs and nant enployers undergoing a hiring freeze Canada wants to make sure thst they are admitting people who won't end up on welfare. Would include your plans for finding employment. Show there is demand for your skills through multiple job listings. Would consider applying for jobs and getting a Canadian phone #. Would show that your have more than the minimum POF if that it the case and you are prepared for a longer period of unemployment if that is what happens.
A quick question: if I have a valid PRV issued after Mar 18 and I travel from US to Canada to land as immigrant, will I HAVE to send webform to IRCC and get their approval before I travel or I can just go anytime as long as my PRV is valid?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A quick question: if I have a valid PRV issued after Mar 18 and I travel from US to Canada to land as immigrant, will I HAVE to send webform to IRCC and get their approval before I travel or I can just go anytime as long as my PRV is valid?
Assume you mean COPR not PRV. We have seen people land with COPRs issued after March 18 be able to land via the US land border and the March 18th issue date is no longer posted on the website. Assume your COPR is still valid. Would suggest doublecheking just to confirm by calling CBSA.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/bis-sif-eng.html

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Dears,

Thank you
Got reply after web form -

Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
any other relevant information.
How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)
your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC via the IRCC Webform.We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

I feel more or less ok with almost all the points. But I am very nervous regarding the bullet employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
As i have no job offer, and I thought about looking for a job inside Canada.
Will be I rejected a new visa if i have no secured job in Canada?
Hi Did you get any reply yet from them.

Raghav0540

Mar 2, 2020
After how many days Did u got reply of ircc mail .. I request my Poe letter as I losted .. how many it will take to wait for a reply