+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19- Pakistan OUTLAND vs INLAND Spousal application

unsure dream

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate your advice on this.

1-Which spousal application will be faster during or as a result of the Coronavirus? The OUTLAND application from Pakistan or the Inland Application?

2-Does anyone know the actual average processing times for either stream?

3-The issue is I cannot return to Canada for at least two more months now and I may need to travel again out of Canada in early 2021. My work visa and TRV are valid for two more years, so the only issue for me is the timeline.

Thanks for your time

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate your advice on this.

1-Which spousal application will be faster during or as a result of the Coronavirus? The OUTLAND application from Pakistan or the Inland Application?

2-Does anyone know the actual average processing times for either stream?

3-The issue is I cannot return to Canada for at least two more months now and I may need to travel again out of Canada in early 2021. My work visa and TRV are valid for two more years, so the only issue for me is the timeline.

Thanks for your time
1. Not a question that anyone can answer.

2. Posted processing times for both are one year but everything is delayed due to the pandemic, so expect longer regardless.

As you already hold a work permit valid for 2 years and need to leave Canada during the processing, outland is likely better. One drawback would be if an interview is needed, as that would be outside of Canada; however, if you have a strong relationship history and no red flags, an interview is very unlikely.

Reactions: unsure dream

unsure dream

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017

2. Posted processing times for both are one year but everything is delayed due to the pandemic, so expect longer regardless.

As you already hold a work permit valid for 2 years and need to leave Canada during the processing, outland is likely better. One drawback would be if an interview is needed, as that would be outside of Canada; however, if you have a strong relationship history and no red flags, an interview is very unlikely.
Thank you very much @ Canuck_in_uk.
I know that the posted processing time is 12 months for both streams but Is there any way to find out what is the processing time for the past one year for the OUTLAND application from Pakistan and INLAND as well. Thanks so much again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much @ Canuck_in_uk.
I know that the posted processing time is 12 months for both streams but Is there any way to find out what is the processing time for the past one year for the OUTLAND application from Pakistan and INLAND as well. Thanks so much again
Previous processing times are entirely irrelevant given the pandemic delays.

unsure dream

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017

Hi,
Can you please do me a favor and direct me to any spreadsheet (or anything) where I can estimate the 2019 Outland spousal PR processing time from Pakistan as well as Inland Apps?
Thanks a lot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Can you please do me a favor and direct me to any spreadsheet (or anything) where I can estimate the 2019 Outland spousal PR processing time from Pakistan as well as Inland Apps?
Thanks a lot
It is really dependent on many things including need for an interview, wait for an interview, wait time to hear from other countries for background check, whether the security check is more complex and it is impossible to know how much covid will influence the application. Applicants from Pakistan often go over the 1 year Processing period.

unsure dream

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
It is really dependent on many things including need for an interview, wait for an interview, wait time to hear from other countries for background check, whether the security check is more complex and it is impossible to know how much covid will influence the application. Applicants from Pakistan often go over the 1 year Processing period.
Thanks so much for your reply, does Inland applications goes over the 1 year processing period? Thanks a lot