+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Citizenship Applications

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Application center is accepting new applications for citizenship ?

I am planning to send my package end of this month, but not sure if this is the right time to send due to the virus outbreak. Will there be any chances that application gets missed during these times?

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
It is clearly stated that IRCC is still accepting new citizenship applications. Unless IRCC change their official stance, and as explained in the above post, it is in your best interests to send it in as soon as you can. As always, make sure that all details are correct and that you have a minimum buffer (atleast 5-10 days).

My view is that the dispersion in processing time is going to get even wider (and more random as well) for the 2020 first-half Cohort. Some lucky folks will continue to have it done within 8-9 months, while others might see delays of 3+ months to the current averages, and some others might see longer delays.

We can only focus on what we can control - and that is being meticulous and sending in a proper application with all details double checked. Do not worry about things that are beyond your control. Let IRCC worry about their processing times, work load etc. Let us send in the application and carry on with our lives. Good Luck!