+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid-19 and immediate family definition

EddyCo

Jun 19, 2019
Sorry to burst your bubble but if international flights can’t land in India they likely won’t be leaving.
No need to cause panic as this information is wrong, always need to check if flights are cancelled before flight specially these days, but saying that only flights that can land/departure in/from India can continue to Canada is wrong information.
At this time my flight is not cancelled and on-line checked in was completed, either not stop in India.

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
My Thai wife (sounds like a movie) has not had her first landing but has COPR and PR Visa. We were scheduled to leave Bangkok through Seoul and onto YVR on Apr.19. Our flight out of Seoul has been rerouted through LAX. Does this cause any landing problems? Thanks for any forthcoming help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My Thai wife (sounds like a movie) has not had her first landing but has COPR and PR Visa. We were scheduled to leave Bangkok through Seoul and onto YVR on Apr.19. Our flight out of Seoul has been rerouted through LAX. Does this cause any landing problems? Thanks for any forthcoming help.
Should be same situation as far as entry into Canada goes. See here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/covid-19-travel-restrictions.682590/

This tells you nothing about how the airlines or any intermediate/transit sites will deal with her though.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
To transit the US she would need a US visa plus you need to check the US travel restrictions on non US citizens or non US residents Even if just transiting.

Reactions: Greasewheel

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
No need to cause panic as this information is wrong, always need to check if flights are cancelled before flight specially these days, but saying that only flights that can land/departure in/from India can continue to Canada is wrong information.
At this time my flight is not cancelled and on-line checked in was completed, either not stop in India.
International Flights to and therefore from India are banned by the Indian Government From Sunday 22nd currently for one week .

No international airline is going to send a flight to arrive on the Sunday if they have no guarantee it can leave again.

Have no idea of your status in Canada but just because you have checked in online may not necessarily mean you can board if you are not an exception to the latest Canada travel restrictions

Last edited:

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
To transit the US she would need a US visa plus you need to check the US travel restrictions on non US citizens or non US residents Even if just transiting.
I figured as much.
Also I would like to extend to you and all the other members like Canuck in uk a heartfelt thank-you for all the hours you are spending helping us out in very difficult times. Cheers.

EddyCo

Jun 19, 2019
Boarded!
Flight from Europe to Toronto, in case of common law for a Canadian citizen, prepare your valid visa, statutory declaration of common law signed by authority between you and your Canadian citizen spouse , your spouse Canadian citizenship proof (copy of passport), if you have COPR.
In my case after waiting 10 minutes it worked.
Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Boarded!
Flight from Europe to Toronto, in case of common law for a Canadian citizen, prepare your valid visa, statutory declaration of common law signed by authority between you and your Canadian citizen spouse , your spouse Canadian citizenship proof (copy of passport), if you have COPR.
In my case after waiting 10 minutes it worked.
Good luck!
please remember to go straight into 14 day quarantine. Some people are unfortunately not.

Reactions: Mariaont5119

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
please remember to go straight into 14 day quarantine. Some people are unfortunately not.
Do you know, if you arrive international are you allowed to travel to your final destination or are you expected to self quarantine at the city where you entered Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you know, if you arrive international are you allowed to travel to your final destination or are you expected to self quarantine at the city where you entered Canada?
Currently you can still travel but who knows. Partially up to the airlines if barely anyone is flying.