+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and DEFER

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hello i have got approved for May Intake 2020 before 18 March 2020 .

and my visa is valid till march 2021.

so if i going to defer my program to september intake then do i need to Re-aaply for my visa /study permit again coz these both visa and permit is issued to me on MAY intake letter of acceptence.

another question if i went on with september intake then for how many days will they going to issue me study permit ?

Suban puri

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
No u dont need to reapply for Visa. U just have to request your college/university to defer ur intake to sep2020

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
No u dont need to reapply for Visa. U just have to request your college/university to defer ur intake to sep2020
and after deferral and arriving in canada in September ....any idea they will issue me a study permit for how long ?

as i already had visa for may intake ending with march 2021 so if i defer to september then will they issue me study permit till Course end or till my current visa expiry date?

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
and after deferral and arriving in canada in September ....any idea they will issue me a study permit for how long ?

as i already had visa for may intake ending with march 2021 so if i defer to september then will they issue me study permit till Course end or till my current visa expiry date?

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,

I have LOA for September 2020 intake and has applied for visa 3 weeks ago. Now I wish to defer to Jan 2021 intake.
I will receive a new LOA. Should I withdraw my visa application and reapply? or will it suffice if I inform cic through webform?
Will this be an issue in getting my visa approved?

Please help.

Reactions: Vivekgautam

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You are likely going to apply to extend your permit once you are studying. The permit you were given with your first start date won’t change if you have already been issued the permit. It’s not a big deal. Apply for the extension multiple months before it expires.

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,

I have LOA for September 2020 intake and has applied for visa 3 weeks ago. Now I wish to defer to Jan 2021 intake.
I will receive a new LOA. Should I withdraw my visa application and reapply? or will it suffice if I inform cic through webform?

Please help.
Can someone help me please

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi,

Please help.
Hi,

Whether intake that we opt for deferral should open the desired program of our choice in order to get the deferral LOA.
Thanks

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I believe, yes. I deferred from Sept to Jan for the same program.
Hi Shereen,
I previously paid my tuition deposit and deferred my intake but my college is asking me to pay the tuition deposit again in new LOA. Is it mandatory to pay the new tuition deposit as I previously paid one.
Thanks.