+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVER LETTER FOR TRV

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Hi Bryanna and others,
I have applied for TRV through the paper application in Jan and Mar and got refused both times for below reasons:-

Visa office: Riyadh
Current situation of employment ( I am working in same company since 2013 )
Purpose of visit - ( Tourism, Vacation )
Immigration status in country of residence - ( Living with family in Saudi Arabia since born )
Personal asset and financial status - ( Bank Statment for last 6 months was provided with 30000CAD )
My Info :
Marital Status - Unmarried
Gender - Male
Age - 24
Nationality -Pakistani

Travel History and Valid Visas - United Kingdom - 2 years UK visa.
Previous Refusals - France - 4 , USA - 2 ,Canada - 2

Now I am planning to apply for the third time as my annual vacation is coming soon and would to travel to Canada with my friend who already holds one year multiple TRV issued from Riyadh office.

My friend helped me by preparing a cover letter, please check if it's correct or needs editing.
also share the list of required documents for the applicants from Saudi Arabia.

Application for a Canadian Tourist Visa

To;
The Honorable Consul
Dear Sir /Madam,

I, XXXXX, XXXXX Passport No. XXXXX would like to travel to Toronto and Montreal as tourist from 15/08/2017 to 28/08/2017 and therefore like to obtain a Canadian tourist visa.

I am working as Sales Representative in XXXX XXXX XXX located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia since December 2013 with monthly salary XXXX SR.

Below is the break through itinerary for my trip and what I intend to pursue.
August 15, 2017 – Flight from Jeddah to Toronto.
August 15 - 20, 2017 – Staying and sightseeing in Toronto.
August 20, 2017 – Travel from Toronto to Montreal.
August 20-28, 2017 – Staying and sightseeing in Montreal.
August 28, 2017 – Flight back to Jeddah from Montreal.

I am the bearer of all my travel expenses. I am making my own flight and hotel bookings and
have attached copies of my documents along with this covering letter as per the requirements.

I have traveled to the United Kingdom in December 2016.

Please find enclosed the following documents to support my visa application:

Fully completed and duly signed application form
Photograph as per visa specifications.
Original and copy of my passport.
Copy of 2 years UK visa and travel history.
Copy of my round-trip flight tickets from Jeddah to Toronto and Montreal to Jeddah.
Copy of my hotel reservation at Toronto and Montreal.
Copy of my travel medical insurance policy from Bupa.
Documentary evidence of my employment and salary slips.
Original copy of bank statement for last 6 months.
Iqama copies of family members.

I would be very grateful if you approve request for visa.
Thanking you in advance for a favorable reply to my application.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
Mobile: XXXXXX
Email: XXXXXXXXXX

Reactions: adi.urban

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First, I recommend that you reapply next year after you establish stronger ties to KSA and Pakistan.

Unfortunately, you have a history of several visa refusals for three countries. Not sure why you applied four times to France and you were refused each time. It's relatively easier to get a Schengen visa for France as compared to some of the other Schengen countries.

1. Purpose of Visit: Your application would have been much stronger if you had immediate family in Canada who are inviting you. Also, in your case, you need to draw up a detailed day-by-day itinerary of tourist places with detailed expenses instead of just broad dates for each city.

2. Immigration Status: Your Iqama must be translated into English by a certified translator + any other proofs of your immigration status in KSA

3. Personal Assets and Financial Status: Is the money in your bank account earned by you or was some of it borrowed for the TRV? You must prove your bank balance and/or financial investments matches your income.

1. Do you have any assets in Pakistan?

2. It's not advisable to buy plane tickets or to make confirmed hotel bookings until visas are issued.

3. Your employment is your only strong tie. However, as a sales rep, it is not a very strong tie because someone else can handle your work responsibilities when you're away

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Thank for your quick reply..

Unfortunately, you have a history of several visa refusals for three countries. Not sure why you applied four times to France and you were refused each time. It's relatively easier to get a Schengen visa for France as compared to some of the other Schengen countries.

I have been refused by France consulate for below reasons.

September - 2016 - You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully.

October- 2016 - Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
December- 2016 - Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
July- 2017- Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

Purpose of Visit: Your application would have been much stronger if you had immediate family in Canada who are inviting you. Also, in your case, you need to draw up a detailed day-by-day itinerary of tourist places with detailed expenses instead of just broad dates for each city.

Unfortunately I dont have any relative or friend in Canada :(

Immigration Status: Your Iqama must be translated into English by a certified translator + any other proofs of your immigration status in KSA

I only have Iqama and birth certificate.I provided Iqama copies of my mother and brothers to show family ties.

Personal Assets and Financial Status: Is the money in your bank account earned by you or was some of it borrowed for the TRV? You must prove your bank balance and/or financial investments matches your income.

All the amount was earned by me ,also there are no deposits other than salaries in last 24 months.

Do you have any assets in Pakistan?

No I dont have any assets in Pakistan as am living in KSA since born and went to Pakistan once in 2012.

Is there any minimum income limit to apply for Canada ?

Agardezi

Jun 19, 2017
Hi @Bryanna

Hope you are well. I actually wanted to ask you regarding my application's refusal. I applied on June 8th through VAC Lahore and got a refusal message today on my GCKey account. It says the following;

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to:
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person’s contacts in Canada;
• the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties);
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

I submitted mine and my husband's application together but did not attach a cover letter with the application I submitted (neither did anyone at VAC Lahore guided me to submit that). I submitted following documents with original proofs, please guide me what more can I submit to get my application accepted?

1) IMM5257E - Application Form (both mine and husband's)
2) IMM5484E - Document Checklist
3) IMM5645E - Family Info
4) (i) My employment letter stating that I have 12 leaves approved and I am employed at my current org since last 8 years.
(ii) My husband works with my in the same organization since last 1 year so he submitted a similar employment letter with his tenure and leaves approved for the similar period.
5) Our marriage certificate which is a proof that we got married earlier this year.
6) Original Passports
7) My Bank Statement from last 3 months (we used my bank statements as I am the one who will take care of the expenses, statement was for $15,600 to be used for 12 days)
8) Last six months payslips which showed I have this fix income and its my money.
9) Booking confirmation receipt at a hotel in Mississauga.

Can you please guide me what else can I now add to prove my case stronger, also should I apply online now or go through VAC again? How can I prove stronger ties in my home country?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have been refused by France consulate for below reasons.

September - 2016 - You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully.

October- 2016 - Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
December- 2016 - Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
July- 2017- Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.
France had repeated concerns that you were a potential overstayer + you did not have the financial means to pay for your visit.

Why did the US refuse you? And when?

Not sure how you were able to get a 2-years UK Visitor Visa especially if it was your first UK visitor visa application + what evidence you had provided to show that you will need to visit the UK regularly.

Your new TRV application would seem like you're desperate to move out of KSA as you had applied to France four times.... and then Canada two times.... and now again to Canada.... all in a short time span of less than one year.

Unfortunately I dont have any relative or friend in Canada
Visiting Canada to accompany your friend on a holiday is not a strong purpose of visit especially when you don't have a history of regularly holidaying abroad + your visa refusal history.

I only have Iqama and birth certificate.I provided Iqama copies of my mother and brothers to show family ties.
This would only prove that you have other family in KSA. If, however, your mother and brothers are employed and/or married then these are not strong family ties to return to.

No I dont have any assets in Pakistan as am living in KSA since born and went to Pakistan once in 2012.
Are you from a Pakistan province which has seen a number of people applying for asylum in other countries?

My advice: Do not reapply for a Canada TRV until you have established stronger employment + family ties + immovable assets + travel history

Reactions: Naname

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
France had repeated concerns that you were a potential overstayer + you did not have the financial means to pay for your visit.

Not sure how you were able to get a 2-years UK Visitor Visa especially if it was your first UK visitor visa application + what evidence you had provided to show that you will need to visit the UK regularly.

Your new TRV application would seem like you're desperate to move out of KSA as you had applied to France four times.... and then Canada two times.... and now again to Canada.... all in a short time span of less than one year.

Visiting Canada to accompany your friend on a holiday is not a strong purpose of visit especially when you don't have a history of regularly holidaying abroad + your visa refusal history.

This would only prove that you have other family in KSA. If, however, your mother and brothers are employed and/or married then these are not strong family ties to return to.

Are you from a Pakistan province which has seen a number of people applying for asylum in other countries?

My advice: Do not reapply for a Canada TRV until you have established stronger employment + family ties + immovable assets + travel history

HI Bryanna,
I have applied for tourist visa as below : -

France - September - 2016 - Refused
France - October - 2016- Refused
UK 6 Months - November 2016 - Granted
France - December - 2016- Refused
Canada - January - 2017- Refused
USA B1/B2 - 3 February - 2017- Refused 214B
USA B1/B2 - 14 February - 2017- Refused 214B
Canada - March - 2017- Refused
UK 2 Years - June - 2017 - Granted
France - June - 2017- Refused

and the following documents were provided with all applications ,

Employment Letter
Bank Statement for last 6 months
Pay slips for last 6 months
Insurance letter from Bupa
Iqama copies of family members
My passport and Iqama copy
Booking reservation copies

Me and my brother had applied US visa on February 3,He was granted 5 years visa and I got rejected under 214B :(

There is no intention to seek asylum any other country.

All of my friends have successfully obtained maximum validity tourist visa of USA,US,CANADA,SHENGEN,AUSTRALIA and other countries by providing full fake documents and I am the only person getting refused even after providing original documents. :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

France - September - 2016 - Refused
France - October - 2016- Refused
UK 6 Months - November 2016 - Granted
France - December - 2016- Refused
Canada - January - 2017- Refused
USA B1/B2 - 3 February - 2017- Refused 214B
USA B1/B2 - 14 February - 2017- Refused 214B
Canada - March - 2017- Refused
UK 2 Years - June - 2017 - Granted
France - June - 2017- Refused
Each of these countries, including the US (214B refusal) are not convinced that you will return to KSA because you lack strong ties.

IMO, this rather long list of visa refusals - all in less than one year - indicates desperation to leave KSA. Sorry to say this: It comes across like aiming blindly, but hoping to hit the visa bulls-eye for some country.

Visas are a serious matter. You'll need to continue declaring all these refusals whenever you apply for any visa to any country. And, so many visa refusals don't look good on the visa history.

An aside: Hope you're not applying/reapplying (not just for Canada) because your friends are getting lucky with visas.

All of my friends have successfully obtained maximum validity tourist visa of USA,US,CANADA,SHENGEN,AUSTRALIA and other countries by providing full fake documents
Truth always has a way of catching up. Sooner or later immigration will figure out that these are fake documents.... and maybe your friends will be issued bans for misrepresentation/ or their visas will be revoked/ or they may be denied entry to these countries.

I still suggest you hold off from reapplying again for a TRV until you establish stronger ties to KSA

Reactions: Naname

Agardezi

Jun 19, 2017
Hi @Bryanna

Hope you are well. I actually wanted to ask you regarding my application's refusal. I applied on June 8th through VAC Lahore and got a refusal message today on my GCKey account. It says the following;

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to:
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person’s contacts in Canada;
• the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties);
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

I submitted mine and my husband's application together but did not attach a cover letter with the application I submitted (neither did anyone at VAC Lahore guided me to submit that). I submitted following documents with original proofs, please guide me what more can I submit to get my application accepted?

1) IMM5257E - Application Form (both mine and husband's)
2) IMM5484E - Document Checklist
3) IMM5645E - Family Info
4) (i) My employment letter stating that I have 12 leaves approved and I am employed at my current org since last 8 years.
(ii) My husband works with my in the same organization since last 1 year so he submitted a similar employment letter with his tenure and leaves approved for the similar period.
5) Our marriage certificate which is a proof that we got married earlier this year.
6) Original Passports
7) My Bank Statement from last 3 months (we used my bank statements as I am the one who will take care of the expenses, statement was for $15,600 to be used for 12 days)
8) Last six months payslips which showed I have this fix income and its my money.
9) Booking confirmation receipt at a hotel in Mississauga.

Can you please guide me what else can I now add to prove my case stronger, also should I apply online now or go through VAC again? How can I prove stronger ties in my home country?
@Bryanna I need your suggestion please?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna I need your suggestion please?
Hi,

1. Which boxes were checked for refusal reasons?

2. What was the purpose of your visit and for how long?

3. Have you traveled previously to other countries that require visas (the US/UK/Schengen/Australia)?

4. Do you own property/land? Do you have dependent family? Strong financials?

Cheers

Agardezi

Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

1. Which boxes were checked for refusal reasons?

2. What was the purpose of your visit and for how long?

3. Have you traveled previously to other countries that require visas (the US/UK/Schengen/Australia)?

4. Do you own property/land? Do you have dependent family? Strong financials?

Cheers
1 Following boxes were checked for refusal;

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- travel history
- Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- Purpose of visit
- I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

2 The purpose was for tourism (honeymoon) and it was for 12 days only.

3 I have only traveled to Dubai with my husband earlier this year in March for 9 days.

4 I just have one land on my name and its not that big/valuable.

What documents are required to prove dependent family members?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1 Following boxes were checked for refusal;

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- travel history
- Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- Purpose of visit
- I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

2 The purpose was for tourism (honeymoon) and it was for 12 days only.

3 I have only traveled to Dubai with my husband earlier this year in March for 9 days.

4 I just have one land on my name and its not that big/valuable.

What documents are required to prove dependent family members?
Travel History refusal reason:
Dubai is extremely liberal in issuing visas. Travel to Dubai doesn't count as travel history.

IRCC would like to see if you and your husband were granted visas for countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, etc.... and if you had visited any of these countries for short visits.

Family ties in Canada and in Pakistan:
Your strongest family tie is your husband (after your marriage). As both you and your husband intend to travel together, your family ties to Pakistan would become weak.

If, for example, you had dependent family such as minor children who were not accompanying you then they would count as family ties.

Purpose of visit refusal reason:
The visa officer would question why you and your husband want to honeymoon in Canada instead of a country closer to Pakistan. For example, Europe or an Asian country.

Wanting to visit for a honeymoon is not a strong purpose of visit.

Inadequate finances:
Was any of the money in your bank account borrowed from someone? Does your husband have some finances of his own?

Reactions: Olad_queen

Agardezi

Jun 19, 2017
Dubai is extremely liberal in issuing visas. Travel to Dubai doesn't count as travel history.

IRCC would like to see if you and your husband were granted visas for countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, etc.... and if you had visited any of these countries for short visits.

Your strongest family tie is your husband (after your marriage). As both you and your husband intend to travel together, your family ties to Pakistan would become weak.

If, for example, you had dependent family such as minor children who were not accompanying you then they would count as family ties.

The visa officer would question why you and your husband want to honeymoon in Canada instead of a country closer to Pakistan. For example, Europe or an Asian country.

Inadequate finances:
Was any of the money in your bank account borrowed from someone? Does your husband have some finances of his own?
I showed them a bank statement of $15,600 and the amount was also shown against my salary slips that I own this money and its not borrowed from anywhere

Agardezi

Jun 19, 2017
So

Inadequate finances:
So what do you suggest now, should I reapply again or I should not make another attempt? Would applying separately (me and my husband) make any difference?