+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Course changing...Uff just read it!

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Hi friends i am gone complete my Btech(approx 70%,IELTS 6.5) in computer science next year...i have some questions.

1. Can i apply to some trucking/carpentry/Plumber type of courses after my completion of B.Tech(that is in computer science) in Canada .As i heard its in great demand.Like what can be the visa issues regarding this ?can't i say that i wish to do trucking courses because i see more opportunities in these courses here in INDIA ;) ?

2. Or Should i apply to some 2 year Diploma course like in Database Developer or something(i do like databases but i think most of the jobs are being outsourced here in India,very less chances in Canada)....its like can Visa officer can say Diploma after Degree WTF ????

3. I actually could do 1 year Post graduation Diploma,but then i will get very less time for Work permit(which is 1.5 years) eventually which will effect my PR if i wanted to apply.

4.I am not considering Masters because its very Expensive and Return Of investment is Very Less.

5.Any suggestion what can i Do like in databases(oracle/Sql server/DB2)......or any good carrier advise......I will be really Thankfulll...

PLZ reply Guys i will be waiting for reply's..Huge THANKS IN Advance :-*

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
Hi,

1. Given the fact you have done B.Tech (Computer Science) and looking for trades courses like Carpentry/plumber in Canada, getting VISA would be next to impossible due to study mismatch. And why are you going for tradesman courses? For a VISA Officer, this will be a simple question to answer (though everyone understands it) and it will lead to an eventual VISA Rejection !!! Availablity of Opportunities in India doesn't make any difference to your VISA application.

2. Again, since you have a four years Bachelor's degree in Technology, going for a lower level qualification like undergraduate diploma would lead to study mismatch and possible rejection of VISA.

3. Yes, you can go for a post grduate certificate/diploma courses (duration is 8 months, generally) and you get a 8 months or one year Post Graduate Work permit. During this duration, you will have to use the PR program for which you are eligible.

4. Though you're not considering a Master's Degree, I would still suggest to at least try it out. You above average marks in B.Tech. You could get scholarships from the university either on tution fees or later on in the form of Research Assistant or Teaching Assistant. Think about it and check the Master level programs across universities in Canada.

5. Being an economics graduate, I am not the best person to answer this one !!!

Best of luck

H

HBK

Hi agreed with neeraj.
Nodoubt trucking and plumber courses are in demand in canada.But usally this course are suitable for 10th pass,I.T.I students.
If you had completed like this course in india.There might be not problem of studymismatch in visa.
However i m management student.Onlysharing this view from my research.

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
alright! so i can consider master's program......What are the procedure for masters in Canada...can anyone help me out ?
.Do i have to give GRE exam,research papers? for getting into Masters Program . and thanks to neeraj and ashok for the Replys.

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Friends What i was thinking ,if I do One year course in Trades (I T I) in India after my bachelors Degree (btech).....Then applying in Canada for Diploma in Trades .What are the Chances of getting The visa ?...And " 'ENFIELD' Pajii i came to know tusii Experienced ho kafii Please daso Kujh ? "... :)

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
Hi,

Since you're asking the same question keeping in mind that you've done one year trade course in India. Have a look at this career path and suggest what kind of impression the immigration officer is going to get.

B. Tech - 70 percent
Tradescourse - Trucking/Fitter/Carpenter (India)
Trades course - Trucking/Fitter/Carpenter ( Canada)

Study mismatch the moment you apply for this kind of course basis:

(i) You have already done a similar course in your own country.
(ii) Trucking/Fitter/Carpenter after B.tech ?

My belief has been that people try to go to Canada to improve the quality of their life and not just to live on few dollars every week for the rest of their lives !!!

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Then please tell me how people get there PR after doing one year post graduation diploma(8months) and also neeraj i know people working at Macdonals fliping burgers after Masters in canada .Reason there Basics were not clear (due to indian study) and then completing Masters(aukhi-saukhi) in Canada..PLz help me yarr really tensed about it what is the ideal step ??? dents
Learn about study in Ca

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
Hi,

I understand what you're saying. After completing a course, no institution in Canada is going to get you a guranteed success unless you're going for top notch MBA program - which is very expensive and competitive as well.

Everyone on this forum have a different overall profile - education wise, finanacially, having contacts in Canada. All these factors contribute a lot to your overall success in Canada.

You've to first really understand the overall immigration programs that are available in Canada - from federal level to provincial nominee programs, from the ones where you can apply as an individual or the one for which you need employer's sponsorship. Unless, you do this you won't be able to think in a holistic manner.

Setback and struggle to get what you want is a part of everybody's life and that's why people do odd jobs. And as far as I have got to know from people, these jobs (flipping burgers) pay quite good as well and students look for these kind of jobs when they are studying.

The moment you're in Canada start networking, learn how things work in that country, work on your english vocabulary to make it more versatile.

If you're target is just to get a PR, I would suggest to go for Global Business Management program at Humber College which is two years (Though there is still a risk of VISA rejction due to study mismatch). There is a similar program at Lambton College, Toronto, as well. At the end of two years you will be able to get a 2-3 years work permit. That will give you sufficient time to figure out how you want to move ahead with your PR application in future.

I hope it helps.

H

HBK

Hi buzzo,
In sasketchwan it different process for P.R.According to S.I.N.P programr one is elegible for p.r under sinp if one has 6 months experience in any kind of job.However it is recomanded to gain relavent field exp.to stand out from crowd.

H

HBK

Hi check this,
Students

Photograph provided courtesy of the University of Saskatchewan

The Student Category allows eligible post-secondary graduates to apply for landed immigrant status under the SINP. There are two streams of the Student Category: the Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream and the Master’s and PhD Graduate Stream.

Eligibility

Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream

You may qualify to apply under the SINP Student Category: Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream if:

You have graduated with a certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada. The program must have been equivalent to at least one academic year (eight months) of full-time study.
You have worked for at least six months (with minimum 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan. Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include on-campus, off-campus, co-op terms, graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution, and work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
You have applied for and received a post-graduation work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
You have a current, permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. The job offer does not have to relate to your studies

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
hello i just came to know that if one gets any kind of scholarship/funding from canadian university for master program, then he/she is not elligible for PR in canada.....am i right ? or its just hoax .....

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzoo said:
hello i just came to know that if one gets any kind of scholarship/funding from canadian university for master program, then he/she is not elligible for PR in canada.....am i right ? or its just hoax .....
Hi,

1. Don't worry it's a pure hoax.
2. In case of Government sponsored scholarship, you are NOT eligible for an Off-Campus WP and PGWP.