+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COURSE CHANGE - POST GRADUATION CERTIFICATE TO DIPLOMA

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hey everyone.
Could u please advice me on something..if i get study permit for a PG CERTIFICATE Course of two years and i change my course to a DIPLOMA of two years will it have any affect on my PGWP chances and also on my PR chances in future?? Im interseted in doing this diploma course of two years but im confused if it can have negative effect on my work permit and PR chances in future since im changing to a lower education level, that is, from Post graduate cert to a simple Diploma.

Please advice n guide me. Thankyou so much in advance

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

doylia said:
Hey everyone.
Could u please advice me on something..if i get study permit for a PG CERTIFICATE Course of two years and i change my course to a DIPLOMA of two years will it have any affect on my PGWP chances and also on my PR chances in future?? Im interseted in doing this diploma course of two years but im confused if it can have negative effect on my work permit and PR chances in future since im changing to a lower education level, that is, from Post graduate cert to a simple Diploma.

Please advice n guide me. Thankyou so much in advance

1. With a valid SP, you can switch between any course/school above post secondary level.

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hi.
Thanks for ur reply..But do u think changing course to a lower education level (PG CERTIFICATE TO A DIPLOMA) can have a negative effect on my PGWP chances and PR chances in future..?

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
is post graduate certificate upper in value to post graduate diploma?? or they are same?? PLease advise??

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
ayaz123 said:
is post graduate certificate upper in value to post graduate diploma?? or they are same?? PLease advise??
Hi,

Were you able to collect any further information regarding PG certificate/PG Diploma..?

Have a great day..!!

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
is it possible to get 3 years PGWP after 2 years simple diploma course? im planning to change my course from post graduate certificate of 2 years to diploma of two years. im not sure whether or not i will be able to get 3 year PGWP??

seniors please help

tiger007

Champion Member
doylia said:
But do u think changing course to a lower education level (PG CERTIFICATE TO A DIPLOMA) can have a negative effect on my PGWP chances and PR chances in future..?
Absolutely No problem.
As per CIC:
Post-secondary student
You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

nayak0

Jan 21, 2019
Hii, can i change my advance diploma to diploma. And it will effect any process for pr and career

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hii, can i change my advance diploma to diploma. And it will effect any process for pr and career
You won't get any reply from OP or other members in this thread as it's a 6 year old post, if you notice.

If you read the comments above by Tiger, there isn't any problem with the change