+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Course change after refusal - Project Management 1-year Postgraduate Program

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hi all,

I got a refusal 2 days ago and consider reapplying. The only reason was: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application (under 216(1)(b)).

My profile: Bachelor's Degree in Management (GPA 2.50), I had project management subject during my course, and I got a B. IELTS 7.5, working experience: 4 years as head of subdivision in a state university (justified with work statement from the uni), running my own small translation business and working as a freelance translator for the last 15 years, part-time lecturer (translation/language field) for the last 1 year. and now I accept 2 interns from the polytechnic where I give lectures to learn at my place. I did mention in my SOP that I aimed to add project management as one of my translation services, and how my daily work as translator has lead me to choose project management. I have coordinated a small translator team for some projects but I didn't mention this in my SOP.

I got admission from Fanshawe's 1-year Project Management Postgraduate Program, September 2022 intake.

My questions:
1. Should I defer to the next available intake? Is there any chance I'll get the visa by reapplying? I heard it's hard to get study permit for a project management course.
2. Should I refund and apply for master's degree instead in the same course (such as a master of management)? I heard that changing course after refusal will show our inconsistency.

I've ordered GCMS report 2 days ago.

Any input is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jul 28, 2022
Hi all,

I got a refusal 2 days ago and consider reapplying. The only reason was: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application (under 216(1)(b)).

My profile: Bachelor's Degree in Management (GPA 2.50), I had project management subject during my course, and I got a B. IELTS 7.5, working experience: 4 years as head of subdivision in a state university (justified with work statement from the uni), running my own small translation business and working as a freelance translator for the last 15 years, part-time lecturer (translation/language field) for the last 1 year. and now I accept 2 interns from the polytechnic where I give lectures to learn at my place. I did mention in my SOP that I aimed to add project management as one of my translation services, and how my daily work as translator has lead me to choose project management. I have coordinated a small translator team for some projects but I didn't mention this in my SOP.

I got admission from Fanshawe's 1-year Project Management Postgraduate Program, September 2022 intake.

My questions:
1. Should I defer to the next available intake? Is there any chance I'll get the visa by reapplying? I heard it's hard to get study permit for a project management course.
2. Should I refund and apply for master's degree instead in the same course (such as a master of management)? I heard that changing course after refusal will show our inconsistency.

I've ordered GCMS report 2 days ago.

Any input is most appreciated.

Thanks.
May I know why its specially difficult for project managament course? I applied that course too, many thanks

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
May I know why its specially difficult for project managament course? I applied that course too, many thanks
I'm not sure. Maybe it's considered as not really a specific course and many countries even your home country offer that course. However, the course offered in my home country is not as deep as in Canada, they don't offer the opportunity to make you eligible to take CAPM certification. Let's hear what others will say about this.

Sep 16, 2021
Hi ,
I also got rejection twice for project management , please share your experience what you did after that?

I mean what you did to get visa?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ,
I also got rejection twice for project management , please share your experience what you did after that?

I mean what you did to get visa?

Thanks
That was OP’s last post. May need to change program. Need to show education and career advancment to justify costs. PM is an international program which can be taken in any country and online. Why Canada? Need to address reasons for refusal.