+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

course change after approval

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I
Please open youtube.com, search for "IRCC webinar dec 17".
Please watch the latest original.
Dec 17 is the latest in 2020.
Aren't these webinars done for certain countries? where I'm from they've never had a webinar. Moreover, any change to their global operations/procedures will surely be stated on their website. So far, I haven't seen this.

Share a link to this info on the IRCC website if you've seen it.

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Please open youtube.com, search for "IRCC webinar dec 17".
Please watch the latest original.
Dec 17 is the latest in 2020.
I have watched the entire webinar.

They are talking about study permit extension in a case when you are approved, you deferred your intake and you are also outside canada. In that case people have to file for an another application. This goes with those people who are in their home country and are attending online classes and also for those who have 1 yr program.

My concern was the switch of program from 1 yr to 2 yr. I will be flying by mid of feb and be booking tickets this month

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
If you change your DLI while outside Canada, you have to still inform IRCC, in which case they'll have to reevaluate your eligibility to be sure your new DLI, course, financial situation and institutional location (the Quebec situation, for example) merit your being given a permit.

A student posted here last week about his permit being recalled after he changed his DLI while outside Canada. IRCC reevaluated his eligibility and reissued their approval after few days.
Are u talking about the one who got revoke for his visa ?? @yesindian I think...
He got his final approval??
I have also changed my program within the same DLI also I uploaded new loa and got reply from cic

I got my ppr and my passport has been sent for stamping

what would you advice to travel sooner as that guy got recalled by ircc after 15 of stamping?

will it create revoke for me too ?

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020

They are talking about study permit extension in a case when you are approved, you deferred your intake and you are also outside canada. In that case people have to file for an another application. This goes with those people who are in their home country and are attending online classes and also for those who have 1 yr program.

My concern was the switch of program from 1 yr to 2 yr. I will be flying by mid of feb and be booking tickets this month
I have a approved visa from December 31 2020 to Dec 2021 . Also my studies are deferred to may intake from January after getting visa . So do I need to inform ircc about these for study extension . Or can I travel with it and change it after reached canada

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
IRCC webinar dated 17.12.20 clearly states that:
-> If your application is approved for visa / visa stamped
-> Then you need a new study permit application on a new LOA.

-< If your application is in progress, you can update your application.
Hey! Thanks for the update!

I have a question-
If I have raised a webform informing IRCC about a change in DLI before a final decision on my application, then they would probably update it & not ask me to apply again, right? (I’m asking so because these days the timeline is so long for a webform reply)

Usama chaudry

Apr 7, 2021

Hi ,please share your experience? Did you face any issue at the airport? I am actually in same situation. I just changed my course within same DLI before my travel. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Usama chaudry

Apr 7, 2021
Are u talking about the one who got revoke for his visa ?? @yesindian I think...
He got his final approval??
I have also changed my program within the same DLI also I uploaded new loa and got reply from cic

I got my ppr and my passport has been sent for stamping

what would you advice to travel sooner as that guy got recalled by ircc after 15 of stamping?

will it create revoke for me too ?
Hi, please share your experience? Did your change your course after getting approval? What reply did you received? Did you face any issue at airport?

yucca

May 12, 2021
Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. I am new here and I would like to kindly consult about my situation to help me make an educated decision making. I have applied for my study permit 3 months ago but it is still pending as of this writing with eligibility not even started. My circumstances are below:

- incoming 2021 fall intake student, classes starts on August 30th 2021 at University for a 2 year masters program (Aug 2021 - April 2023)
- My University does not offer deferral option for my course. They gave me option to either a) start online classes while student permit is pending at my own risk (in case of refusal outcome, tuition will not be refunded) or b) withdraw my enrollment before Sept 16th (last day to withdraw without financial penalty) and re-apply again
- I am outside Canada

I am inclined to withdraw from Uni to mitigate any financial losses but not sure how it will affect my study permit under progress for following scenarios:

Scenario 1: If I withdraw, re-apply and secure new LOA (under same school & program, either winter 2022/fall2022) WHILE study permit is still pending, do I need to just send the new LOA to IRCC via webform to update my application?

Scenario 2: If I withdraw, re-apply and secure new LOA (under same school & program, either winter2022/fall2022) AFTER study permit gets approved, do I need to just send the new LOA to IRCC via webform to update my application? Show the old and new LOA in the border of Canada during entry?

My situation got complicated because of the stubborn no defer policy of the university. I am not even sure if I can get a slot for the same program I had for that same school. But will try my best!

Hope you can share your inisights and thoughts about this. Many thanks fot your time and assistance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,please share your experience? Did you face any issue at the airport? I am actually in same situation. I just changed my course within same DLI before my travel. Please reply me as soon as possible.
The new policy of getting approval for a change in course only just started so previous cases don’t apply.

shsdjf

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. I am new here and I would like to kindly consult about my situation to help me make an educated decision making. I have applied for my study permit 3 months ago but it is still pending as of this writing with eligibility not even started. My circumstances are below:

- incoming 2021 fall intake student, classes starts on August 30th 2021 at University for a 2 year masters program (Aug 2021 - April 2023)
- My University does not offer deferral option for my course. They gave me option to either a) start online classes while student permit is pending at my own risk (in case of refusal outcome, tuition will not be refunded) or b) withdraw my enrollment before Sept 16th (last day to withdraw without financial penalty) and re-apply again
- I am outside Canada

I am inclined to withdraw from Uni to mitigate any financial losses but not sure how it will affect my study permit under progress for following scenarios:

Scenario 1: If I withdraw, re-apply and secure new LOA (under same school & program, either winter 2022/fall2022) WHILE study permit is still pending, do I need to just send the new LOA to IRCC via webform to update my application?

Scenario 2: If I withdraw, re-apply and secure new LOA (under same school & program, either winter2022/fall2022) AFTER study permit gets approved, do I need to just send the new LOA to IRCC via webform to update my application? Show the old and new LOA in the border of Canada during entry?

My situation got complicated because of the stubborn no defer policy of the university. I am not even sure if I can get a slot for the same program I had for that same school. But will try my best!

Hope you can share your inisights and thoughts about this. Many thanks fot your time and assistance!
You don't have a Jan intake. you can't use the same application as I think study permits have a one or 1.5 years validity. So, withdraw your study permit, then from university and apply for new permit with a fresh LOA. Use the acknowledgement e-mail for withdrawal of study permit as proof

yucca

May 12, 2021
You don't have a Jan intake. you can't use the same application as I think study permits have a one or 1.5 years validity. So, withdraw your study permit, then from university and apply for new permit with a fresh LOA. Use the acknowledgement e-mail for withdrawal of study permit as proof
Hi, thank you so much for your advise! I appreciate it! Did I understood you well that I have to withdraw my pending student permit application if I decide to withdraw from school? Then I have to re apply again for student permit once I secure a new LOA for the same program and same school?

shsdjf

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Sorry, for not explaing properly, know that you are having a rough day. So, the thing is if you try to use a study permit issued to you now after a year without updating the LOA without via web form, it may cause some problem if you just carry a new Loa to port of entry.

So, just use scenario 1. Scenario 2 is very dangerous.

BUT, if you have applied via non sds and you can change it sds. Then withdraw your study permit and apply for the new one with the acknowledgement email (don't rely on the withdrawal letter to arrive, takes too long). Also, make sure to do your research about how fast the acknowledgement arrives (have seen just one case where she go it in 2 day). I'm telling you this because people who applied via sds at least get their result, if you can't go ahead with this, then scenario 1 is best. This is why I told you to withdraw in previous reply

Again, really sorry, it was too careless of me, should have been more understanding.

Last edited:

yucca

May 12, 2021
Sorry, for not explaing properly, know that you are having a rough day. So, the thing is if you try to use a study permit issued to you now after a year without updating the LOA without via web form, it may cause some problem if you just carry a new Loa to port of entry.

So, just use scenario 1. Scenario 2 is very dangerous.

BUT, if you have applied via non sds and you can change it sds. Then withdraw your study permit and apply for the new one with the acknowledgement email (don't rely on the withdrawal letter to arrive, takes too long). Also, make sure to do your research about how fast the acknowledgement arrives (have seen just one case where she go it in 2 day). I'm telling you this because people who applied via sds at least get their result, if you can't go ahead with this, then scenario 1 is best. This is why I told you to withdraw in previous reply

Again, really sorry, it was too careless of me, should have been more understanding.
Oh no worries at all! I am very grateful for your time to even read my post and give very valuable insights! It means a lot to me, so thank you! I actually applied through SDS last May 13th, but unfortunately there is no movement. My medical passed has been reflected at GCKEY last June 2nd but the "reviewing eligibility" hasn't even started. Thus, I am managing expectations because I personally know of 2 other more sds applicants who have been waiting for ongoing 5 months already.

If I may clarify further sir, does this mean it's acceptable to withdraw from school while student permit is ongoing or no outcome yet? The only reason I am withdrawing and then re-applying again to the same university and program is because the university don't offer deferral. So essentially it will be the same DLI but I think I won't have any deferral letter to show instead a new LOA for either winter / fall 2022 intake.

If I am able to secure the new LOA before my student permit is approved, I can just send it via webform to IRCC to update my student permit?

On the other hand, if my student permit gets approve first before I am able to secure the LOA, since it will be the same DLI and program - I don't need to update IRCC prior to entering to Canada since my visa is approved already? Or I still need to send it via webform?

Thanks so much again for any insights you can share! :)