+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

course change after approval

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
IRCC webinar dated 17.12.20 clearly states that:
-> If your application is approved for visa / visa stamped
-> Then you need a new study permit application on a new LOA.

-< If your application is in progress, you can update your application.

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
This doesn't really say anything about your situation. If you ask me, I'll say they're two different situations: yours involves a change of DLI, whereas the case mentioned on Twitter is about a change of course within the same DLI.
Hey, he has not changed his DLI but his program only.

However, the same program was not available and college gave an option to either defer by 1 year or take a full refund of the fees. My friend then applied for another program which of 2 yr in length.

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020

Oh if that is the case then I retract my statement.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
I initially applied my study permit with a DLI in Ontario.
Then I got admitted into a DLI in Quebec and got a CAQ. I informed via a web form and got acknowledgment.
When I reached the immigration officer, presented the LOA for Quebec and CAQ. Also an enrollment letter that I have started studying in quebec.
No question asked. Study permit, OWP, visitor record for kid issued.
Only one thing i noticed - in the study permit it was still printed as "Designated learning institute -ON" . I believe it is Ontario. Also, the end date of the study permit is according to Ontario DLI.
So, I logged into my CIC account, did a transfer DLI for safe side.
Now, I will have to apply for extension as the new program is longer than previous one.

I believe, if we present the new LOA and related document when we enter, the immigration officer makes some changes in the system with the new DLI. but for safer side, i did inform them from CIC account as well.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Then I got admitted into a DLI in Quebec and got a CAQ. I informed via a web form and got acknowledgment.
When I reached the immigration officer, presented the LOA for Quebec and CAQ. Also an enrollment letter that I have started studying in quebec.
Only one thing i noticed - in the study permit it was still printed as "Designated learning institute -ON" . I believe it is Ontario. Also, the end date of the study permit is according to Ontario DLI.
Now, I will have to apply for extension as the new program is longer than previous one.

I believe, if we present the new LOA and related document when we enter, the immigration officer makes some changes in the system with the new DLI. but for safer side, i did inform them from CIC account as well.
Also, the DLI number is nowhere printed in the study permit. it says designated DLI. so as long as you keep them informed- i think we are good. also, the new DLI will report them that you are attending them.

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018

Can you share the link of the webinar in which they discussed this thing.

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018

Have you sent your new loa of Quebec college to ircc?
I changed my course only in the same college and want to know if that can bean issue. The change is from 1 yr to 2 yr program. I already have stamp on my passport.

Reactions: abinj and suhelm

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Have you sent your new loa of Quebec college to ircc?
I changed my course only in the same college and want to know if that can bean issue. The change is from 1 yr to 2 yr program. I already have stamp on my passport.
Yes I did.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
1. I informed them via webform before getting stamped.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
the best thing you can do is now: tweet IRCC or raise a webform asking your scenario