+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

couples with age gap which was successful or unsuccessful please share your experience

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
hello , I have age gap with my hubby and my application is in process, the stress of age gap make any problem for us is killing me. Im 29 and he is 47, both first marriage.
please share your experiences. thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello , I have age gap with my hubby and my application is in process, the stress of age gap make any problem for us is killing me. Im 29 and he is 47, both first marriage.
What is the relationship history/timeline? How did you meet? How much time together in person? Do you have the same culture, religion, education levels?

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
What is the relationship history/timeline? How did you meet? How much time together in person? Do you have the same culture, religion, education levels?
Thank you for reply
I'm from Iran 29 years old and my husband is Canadian by born 47 years old. this is our first marriage both.
we met online in 2016 when he messaged me in an asiandating site and we started knowing each other , his parents are passed away and he was waiting for his inheritance money so he can visit me, so finally in 2018 we met in person in Georgia, because for Canadian it was hard to obtain Iran tourist visa. so we met in Tbilisi Georgia in march 2018 and we were together for 12 days and got engaged, then after near 2 months we met again in Tbilisi , which my family and friends traveled to and we got married in Tbilisi and had recipient too. then after 8 months I applied for his visa to travel to Iran as his spouse and he got that and on December 2018 he traveled to Iran and we had a wedding party in Iran too which all my relatives and friends attended too.
he added me to his credit card, life insurance, job insurance which we included to our application. and also letters from his siblings which they explained that because of distance and expenses they couldn't participate in our wedding. all the Facebook, Instagram congratulations, out chat histories since 2016, even the screen shot of his first message on the site we started talking, Skype screenshots, gifts we sent to each other , photos , both wedding partied contracts, rings receipts ,
about education he is diploma of course 2 years of university too but left it, I have associated degree, we explained in a cover letter that because of Iran law that prohibited a Muslim girl to marry a non Muslim he did the Muslim ceremony too in a mosque in tbilisi.
Im worried ,how do you think about our case?

and time in person
first visit 12 days
second 10 days
third 15 days
we both have job and couldn't get more days off

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for reply
I'm from Iran 29 years old and my husband is Canadian by born 47 years old. this is our first marriage both.
we met online in 2016 when he messaged me in an asiandating site and we started knowing each other , his parents are passed away and he was waiting for his inheritance money so he can visit me, so finally in 2018 we met in person in Georgia, because for Canadian it was hard to obtain Iran tourist visa. so we met in Tbilisi Georgia in march 2018 and we were together for 12 days and got engaged, then after near 2 months we met again in Tbilisi , which my family and friends traveled to and we got married in Tbilisi and had recipient too. then after 8 months I applied for his visa to travel to Iran as his spouse and he got that and on December 2018 he traveled to Iran and we had a wedding party in Iran too which all my relatives and friends attended too.
he added me to his credit card, life insurance, job insurance which we included to our application. and also letters from his siblings which they explained that because of distance and expenses they couldn't participate in our wedding. all the Facebook, Instagram congratulations, out chat histories since 2016, even the screen shot of his first message on the site we started talking, Skype screenshots, gifts we sent to each other , photos , both wedding partied contracts, rings receipts ,
about education he is diploma of course 2 years of university too but left it, I have associated degree, we explained in a cover letter that because of Iran law that prohibited a Muslim girl to marry a non Muslim he did the Muslim ceremony too in a mosque in tbilisi.
Im worried ,how do you think about our case?

and time in person
first visit 12 days
second 10 days
third 15 days
we both have job and couldn't get more days off
Is he a Muslim? Same religion/culture can be very important, especially for those where it is not typical to marry outside.

You have red flags but you have a lot of good proofs to overcome them

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
He is Canadian and his religion is christianity but because we love each other and to marry me he had to convert he did that.
Thank you a lot, so are you positive about our case?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
He is Canadian and his religion is christianity but because we love each other and to marry me he had to convert he did that.
Wow,
Lucky guy!
Hope he's healthy.....( no drinking, no smoking, or nasty ex wives ).

Meeting online is more common these days and I don't think the age difference is a big deal.
IRCC see's things differently and you will have to prove yourselves. Not an easy task considering religion/culture differences.
There are red flags so I would expect an interview.....Spend lots of time together.
Show them how much you love each other.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am not IRCC, so no, I'm not positive. You have red flags. The different religions is another red flag. You have a high chance of an interview. You will need to wait and see.

Mcosta

Feb 15, 2019
Hi

I am 38 years old and my boyfriend 56 years olds, we applied in February and in July my application was approved and I became PR, I don’t think that age page make difference , the most important you prove that your relationship is genuine ! Good luck
ii

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hi

I am 38 years old and my boyfriend 56 years olds, we applied in February and in July my application was approved and I became PR, I don’t think that age page make difference , the most important you prove that your relationship is genuine ! Good luck

ii
Thanks a lot for your reply,
Can I ask you were you from different countries?

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Wow,
Lucky guy!
Hope he's healthy.....( no drinking, no smoking, or nasty ex wives ).

Meeting online is more common these days and I don't think the age difference is a big deal.
IRCC see's things differently and you will have to prove yourselves. Not an easy task considering religion/culture differences.
There are red flags so I would expect an interview.....Spend lots of time together.
Show them how much you love each other.
Thanks alot, yes he is healthy and he really looks like he is in his 30s.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
To me there is only one answer to your question: if your relation is genuine, you will easily get all the proof needed for your application and may not even face interview. If u still get an interview and it’s a true and genuine relation, you will clear it... don’t stress about what someone may think. Gather all necessary proof instead!!!. Meet after marriage too, take Trips, send each other gifts, communicate with each other’s families, would be nice if he had sent u some money from time to me... just live your life... make plans for the future and take it easy.;)
I don’t have big age difference with my hubby, I am just 4 years older. But we are different cultures and religions, so far we received pre arrival.

Reactions: fatima1990