+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

couples with age gap which was successful or unsuccessful please share your experience

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
To me there is only one answer to your question: if your relation is genuine, you will easily get all the proof needed for your application and may not even face interview. If u still get an interview and it’s a true and genuine relation, you will clear it... don’t stress about what someone may think. Gather all necessary proof instead!!!. Meet after marriage too, take Trips, send each other gifts, communicate with each other’s families, would be nice if he had sent u some money from time to me... just live your life... make plans for the future and take it easy.;)
I don’t have big age difference with my hubby, I am just 4 years older. But we are different cultures and religions, so far we received pre arrival.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
we sent gifts to each other after submitting the application too. and we do more. he visited me after 8 months of our marriage for a wedding party in Iran which was on December. we did book ticket for a visit for this September too but our bad luck they started garnishing his salary for student loan so we had to cancel the visit. we totally had 3 visits and we love to have more visits but money problem make it hard.
I know everything about my husband and I have no doubt that I can answer all the questions about him but when I hear some people tells even after interview red flags will have the same influence on officers decision make me scared a lot.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Thanks a lot for your reply.
we sent gifts to each other after submitting the application too. and we do more. he visited me after 8 months of our marriage for a wedding party in Iran which was on December. we did book ticket for a visit for this September too but our bad luck they started garnishing his salary for student loan so we had to cancel the visit. we totally had 3 visits and we love to have more visits but money problem make it hard.
I know everything about my husband and I have no doubt that I can answer all the questions about him but when I hear some people tells even after interview red flags will have the same influence on officers decision make me scared a lot.
Relax, officer knows only the information you provide on your application. Nothing more than that... so how come he can know more than u and make you fail?! It’s simply impossible unless marriage is fake. Of course officers are people who were specially trained to spot fakes and fraud, but again, if relation is genuine they will see it too. Don’t stress, gain more proof in case you will need to go to interview, see it as another opportunity to prove someone that you love your husband and he loves you!

Reactions: fatima1990

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Relax, officer knows only the information you provide on your application. Nothing more than that... so how come he can know more than u and make you fail?! It’s simply impossible unless marriage is fake. Of course officers are people who were specially trained to spot fakes and fraud, but again, if relation is genuine they will see it too. Don’t stress, gain more proof in case you will need to go to interview, see it as another opportunity to prove someone that you love your husband and he loves you!

thanks a lot for your kind reply .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Telling people this is very irresponsible. Of course it isn't impossible that a genuine relationship would be refused. If it was, there wouldn't be a very active appeals thread on the forum.

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Telling people this is very irresponsible. Of course it isn't impossible that a genuine relationship would be refused. If it was, there wouldn't be a very active appeals thread on the forum.

I hope things happen in a positive way for me. I have a lot of stress but your words made more stress. Anyway thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I hope things happen in a positive way for me. I have a lot of stress but your words made more stress. Anyway thank you.
For what it's worth, I am over 20 years older than my sponsor.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I have a 13 year age difference with my wife and my sponsorship of her went through with no additional questions and no interview.

However, there were no other unusual aspects (ie no other 'red flags'). So age difference ALONE is not a particular problem (and I do stress the word ALONE).

Reactions: zardoz

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
I have a 13 year age difference with my wife and my sponsorship of her went through with no additional questions and no interview.

However, there were no other unusual aspects (ie no other 'red flags'). So age difference ALONE is not a particular problem (and I do stress the word ALONE).

You were from a same country and religion yes?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
You were from a same country and religion yes?
No, different countries (canada / UK), but evetything else the same, hence my point about age difference ALONE not being an issue.

Reactions: fatima1990

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It doesn't help people to tell them that they will be approved without issue, especially when there are red flags. It is important that you understand what can happen so you can be prepared.