+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Couple of Questions (CEC related)

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
As per my other thread my Application has been returned for declined payment due to my credit card being compromised. I am now in a situation where my current visa expires in 2 weeks so am faced with a tough decision.... Whether to leave Canada while they process my application, or whether to stay with friends and not work. I have a few questions regarding the application that I am about to resubmit;

1. If I submit now, will my application still fall under current CEC guidelines or will it go under the new EE system that is being introduced in January
2. Will I be able to apply for an open work permit once CIC have acknowledged my application even if my current visa has expired and I am in the country on a visitor passport, or will I need to wait until my PR is accepted

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
RickD said:
1. If I submit now, will my application still fall under current CEC guidelines or will it go under the new EE system that is being introduced in January

Applications are processed in accordance with the rules in effect at the time they are received. So, yes, under current CEC guidelines, if your application is received before January 1.

2. Will I be able to apply for an open work permit once CIC have acknowledged my application even if my current visa has expired and I am in the country on a visitor passport, or will I need to wait until my PR is accepted

By "visa" I will assume you mean a work permit. But no, you lose your eligibility for a Bridging Open Work Permit if your previous work permit has expired.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RickD said:
As per my other thread my Application has been returned for declined payment due to my credit card being compromised. I am now in a situation where my current visa expires in 2 weeks so am faced with a tough decision.... Whether to leave Canada while they process my application, or whether to stay with friends and not work. I have a few questions regarding the application that I am about to resubmit;

Thanks
hate the credit card bank, which bank is it? why not just delay days for you ?

agree above answer.

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
hate the credit card bank, which bank is it? why not just delay days for you ?

agree above answer.
It is HSBC, they said they could either leave my CC active and I'd be responsible for charges, or they could cancel it and send me a new one

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RickD said:
It is HSBC, they said they could either leave my CC active and I'd be responsible for charges, or they could cancel it and send me a new one

so anyone is using your card ? If I am you, I would leave it active . the risk is low for someone else to steal your card. and I would beg them for any other option to extend it for 1-2 months.

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
so anyone is using your card ? If I am you, I would leave it active . the risk is low for someone else to steal your card.
Its too late now, I had them cancel as someone was trying to use it. They have sent me a new card and that side of things are fine. The issue is that CIO couldn't process my payment and have sent my application back so I have to re-apply.

Another question - My application form states a UCI number so that means that effectively I have a UCI even though payment has not been taken. When I look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp it states that 'For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO'. Now I havent received the letter as they have not tkaen payment, however if I have a UCI does that mean that my status of eligibility has been set to Passed?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RickD said:
Its too late now, I had them cancel as someone was trying to use it. They have sent me a new card and that side of things are fine. The issue is that CIO couldn't process my payment and have sent my application back so I have to re-apply.

Another question - My application form states a UCI number so that means that effectively I have a UCI even though payment has not been taken. When I look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp it states that 'For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO'. Now I havent received the letter as they have not tkaen payment, however if I have a UCI does that mean that my status of eligibility has been set to Passed?

UCI number would equal to your work permit UCI number, it is now new, and it is different with file number. eligibility can't be done in so quick.

eligibility is after AOR , and VO several round reviews, in GCMS , even after medical done, the eligibility can still in question/uncertain status.

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
Yeah I just checked it, same as my current client ID..

So there's nothing I can do then, I have to leave the country and not come back until they have processed my whole application... even though I have a job here that can be kept open for me for a couple of months??

Seems a bit stupid the way the system works, but I guess the government can do what it likes and f*** people over as it pleases!

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Guys i believe there is a confusion here..

UCI is unique client ID.. it stays the same.. its kind of a profile # for you in CIC database.. my UCI has been same for 14 years since 2001, first time i came to Canada as international student.. it does not change and is not affected by dozens of applications u send in to CIC..

Now onto the issue for declined application due to credit card being compromised.. i suggest you re-apply for CEC again as soon as possible.. then on the last day of your work permit expiry send in an application for BOWP..

If you apply for CEC now and assuming quota is not reached, your file will be processed under current regulations..

Now, the paper based BOWP application usually takes 3 months to process.. so if you get an AOR # for your CEC file before your BOWP is processed.. then u will get BOWP and life will be all sweet.. if they have not processed your CEC application and have not issued AOR at the time of BOWP processing then most probably BOWP will be rejected..

It is not a guaranteed method but its your best bet and i think only possible way out... considering the time it is currently taking to get AOR.. u might not have an AOR on file by the time BOWP application is processed.. but send in the applications and pray it all works for you.. hopefully it will work out fine.. send in a letter along with BOWP application explaining your situation.

I had similar issue where i applied CEC 4 weeks before work permit expiry.. got AOR on 1-Oct and BOWP was also approved 27-Oct.. your timelines are more compressed as i got AOR in 67 days but right now its taking closer to 100-120 days.. but if you r lucky and they process CEC soon.. you will be fine :)

RickD said:
Yeah I just checked it, same as my current client ID..

So there's nothing I can do then, I have to leave the country and not come back until they have processed my whole application... even though I have a job here that can be kept open for me for a couple of months??

Seems a bit stupid the way the system works, but I guess the government can do what it likes and f*** people over as it pleases!

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
Thanks for your advice mesumrivzi but I don't think that's an option for me, I can't stay in canada and not work for three months in the hope that I 'might' get an open work permit at the end of it. It makes more sense to head back to UK and work while it gets taken care of :(

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
ANother Thought, if I'm applying under CEC, receive my AOR and subsequesntly my current employer wants me to continue working, can I apply for an employer specific work permit so I can carry on working

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
RickD said:
ANother Thought, if I'm applying under CEC, receive my AOR and subsequesntly my current employer wants me to continue working, can I apply for an employer specific work permit so I can carry on working
As long as the employer agrees to the LMIA process and takes care of it for your behalf, you can get the closed WP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
RickD said:
Thanks for your advice mesumrivzi but I don't think that's an option for me, I can't stay in canada and not work for three months in the hope that I 'might' get an open work permit at the end of it. It makes more sense to head back to UK and work while it gets taken care of :(
If you apply for a new work permit before your old one expires, you can continue to work on "implied status" (under the same conditions as your previous work permit) until you receive a reply from CIC on your work permit application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
RickD said:
When is your wp expiring??

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
RickD said:
U can work unde implied status as long as your bowp application is under process.. If it's successful n u get bowp then keep working.. Else leave Canada n work in uk while PR is completed