+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"country of study" field in EE for distance learning programs - URGENT

skyline01

Oct 27, 2018
Hello there. I am planning to submit my EE profile with NOC 1111. I started working from Nov'13. I have a Bsc. hons in applied accounting degree from Oxford Brookes University which I completed in September 2013. I became ACCA Affiliate in March 2017 and ACCA Member in November 2017. In light of my background, I have a few questions. I would be really thankful if anyone could help in adressing my following concerns:

1) What to write in the qualification complete date for ACCA in the express entry profile? Membership date or Affiliation date. I got ECA for Membership from WES. Please also elaborate whether ACCA should be selected as part time or full time study, cuz I was part qualified when I started working and finished it while I was working full time.

2) Should the country of education be Pakistan for both ACCA and OBU Bsc. as I was physically present in Pakistan? I selected UK as the country of education for both of them in the WES website. From what iv'e read on this forum so far, I assume i'll have to explain it later in LOE?

3) Lastly and most importantly, I don't intend to claim CRS points for my 1st job as it was on third party contract and im not sure if my place of deputation will provide me with reference letter as per requirement. I worked their for 1.5 years from nov'13 to may'15. I later joined another organization in oct' 15 and intend to claim CRS points from Oct'15 till Present only. Please not that I became ACCA member in Nov'17. My concern is whether the visa officer will object on how I got membership by showing only 2 years of experience at that time? will he ask for my previous work experience that contributed towards mymembership, which im not claiming for CRS, or will this not be an issue and I can detail it in my work history post ITA?

anonywqs

Dec 9, 2020
Hello there. I am planning to submit my EE profile with NOC 1111. I started working from Nov'13. I have a Bsc. hons in applied accounting degree from Oxford Brookes University which I completed in September 2013. I became ACCA Affiliate in March 2017 and ACCA Member in November 2017. In light of my background, I have a few questions. I would be really thankful if anyone could help in adressing my following concerns:

1) What to write in the qualification complete date for ACCA in the express entry profile? Membership date or Affiliation date. I got ECA for Membership from WES. Please also elaborate whether ACCA should be selected as part time or full time study, cuz I was part qualified when I started working and finished it while I was working full time.

2) Should the country of education be Pakistan for both ACCA and OBU Bsc. as I was physically present in Pakistan? I selected UK as the country of education for both of them in the WES website. From what iv'e read on this forum so far, I assume i'll have to explain it later in LOE?

3) Lastly and most importantly, I don't intend to claim CRS points for my 1st job as it was on third party contract and im not sure if my place of deputation will provide me with reference letter as per requirement. I worked their for 1.5 years from nov'13 to may'15. I later joined another organization in oct' 15 and intend to claim CRS points from Oct'15 till Present only. Please not that I became ACCA member in Nov'17. My concern is whether the visa officer will object on how I got membership by showing only 2 years of experience at that time? will he ask for my previous work experience that contributed towards mymembership, which im not claiming for CRS, or will this not be an issue and I can detail it in my work history post ITA?
Did you get a reply to this? What did you do and did the IIRC ask for clarification as I am in a similar situation and want to ensure that all my details are accurate.

jws

Jun 29, 2020
Thanks Sameer for your help. Yes, I have updated that to Pakistan.

Also, what did you enter in year of study (start date and end date) for ACCA ?

I started ACCA in DEC 2010 and became ACCA affiliate on june 2013 and was admitted as ACCA member in Jan 2016. I am not sure if I should enter 2013 or 2016 as ending year for ACCA. Please advise :)
Hi Arsalan, I know this is a old post but What year did you choose, year of affiliation or membership? I’m in similar situation… hopefully you can see my comment

Apr 15, 2022
It's for the PCC, I added the country where I was studying physically (so home country) and mentioned it in LOE so they don't ask for a PCC. I'm at IP2 and I got the "no more documents needed" so I guess it's fine. You can also elaborate on that in your general LOE. Good luck!
Hi,
For the LOE, is it like a letter where we merely write to explain to CIC or we also need some kind of proofs/ supporting docs to prove that we were studying in the home country not UK? Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,
For the LOE, is it like a letter where we merely write to explain to CIC or we also need some kind of proofs/ supporting docs to prove that we were studying in the home country not UK? Thanks
just a letter in google doc nd make it a pdf. you can merge it with image of docs if you have them

gyyv1

Jan 19, 2023
I'm also in a similar situation. I have done a UK qualification (BCS) from Sri Lanka. My ECA has the credential as a UK one, I think it should be ok. In my e-APR I have mentioned that I completed the qualification in Sri Lanka.
I never went to UK for studies but studied at a partner institution.
Do you think I should put {by correspondence} as per the below guidelines?

• Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution

What was the country mentioned in your ECA?
What is the status of your application now
I know it's a long time since you made this post. What did you end up doing and did you get PPR? I'm in the exact same situation.

I selected the UK as the country of study for BCS in my EE profile. Now I've gotten ITA. I'm considering changing the location to my home country in the e-APR.

How did you go about this?

Last edited:

Hala007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
That's another way to do it. However, for me, adding Pakistan as country of education worked fine.
Hi did you provide LoE I already submitted my application and added the country where I physically studied but forgot to mention distant learning in LoE