NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Hi Guys,

So I finally got the ITA earlier today (yay!) but now I have a whole new set of questions (just one for now though :p)

In this part:

"Has xxxx, and if applicable, xxxx's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years"

By country of residence are they talking about my "current" country of residence or country of residence at "that" specified date?

For example, I was working in Thailand then and had multiple visits in and out of Thailand while my current country of residence is India. So do I have to list down all of my visits into Thailand even though at that time my country of residence was naturally Thailand?

Thanks guys - you are absolute life saviors!

p.s. Also, my country of origin is India so I presume I, atleast, don't have to list any visits to India in my last 10 year history, right?

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
I'm not sure I understand

I "was" very much a resident of those countries back when I was working there.

For example, I was a resident of Thailand in 2010 (as a result of having stayed 180+ days there) but I am not staying in Thailand anymore (am back in India)

Now my question is:

For 2010, do I need to mention all of my travel itineraries for the travels I made to India and then back to Thailand? As in do I need to say I went to India from 23 May 2010 to 25 May 2010 and then I was in Thailand from 25 May 2010 to 29 August 2010 (something like this)

Or can I safely ignore all travels between India (country of origin) and Thailand (country of resident "back then"

edit: oops looks like someone removed their post - oh well, I'll keep this here anyways just for clarity purpose)

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That means short trips outside a country of birth or a country of LEGAL residence (Work, study, or immigrate). If Thailand was a country of residence, that it doesn't apply for your travel history.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Consider India has a base location (Country of origin) and then list all travels outside.
It was the same questionnaire in old system (FSW) as well when I applied.
At the time of application, I was employed in Germany and was already there for few months.
Before that I had also worked for a year or so in UK.

So I used India as my reference and then listed my stay or 1 year in UK and ongoing stay in Germany as trips outside in last 10 year.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Wow this is contradicting information

Alok, so you are saying I should post about all travels outside my country of origin/India?

Doda, I did indeed have a legal residence in Thailand at that time (had a work permit and valid visa accordingly) so I don't need to list my travels to and from Thailand/India, right?

The main reason I ask is that my parents live in Thailand so I must've taken like 30-40 visits to Thailand in the last 10 years - as such, I'm trying to cut out as many Thailand visit instances as possible

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:

Alok, so you are saying I should post about all travels outside my country of origin/India?

Doda, I did indeed have a legal residence in Thailand at that time (had a work permit and valid visa accordingly) so I don't need to list my travels to and from Thailand/India, right?

The main reason I ask is that my parents live in Thailand so I must've taken like 30-40 visits to Thailand in the last 10 years - as such, I'm trying to cut out as many Thailand visit instances as possible
I'm from Egypt and lived in country X , Y, and Canada (Work and study). I had 2 travels to countries A (Tourism) and B (Conference). My lawyer told me to mention A and B only in my TRAVEL HISTORY section. The rest were mentioned in my ADDRESS HISTORY also provided PCCs for Egypt, X and Y (Canada is done automatically).

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
hshringi said:

Yes, you should use India as your base and then list all travels outside. When I was in UK and then Germany, I also had residence permits of both countries in addition to work VISA. In fact my German residence card is still valid as I write this. I paid taxes in both countries and was a proper resident for all practical purposes. However, I still listed those stays in reference to my Indian origin.
This is important because based on your travel history, you would be asked for police clearance from those countries.
If there were multiple trips, you can use make an excel sheet and attach it when you send your forms to them.

You can check with more people, but this is my understanding.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Oh I'll be getting PCC for all 4 countries that I have worked/lived in longer than 6 months anyways

and I think that shows irrespective of whether I add more Thailand trips or not (I've already added like 20 anyways)

If need be, I'll add the 10-15 more that took place while I was working in Thailand (and went to India often then came back to Thailand - each of which would count as a new entry)

Would appreciate if someone else can clear this up too

If I need to add the countries where I have worked as well then what's the point of including Country of Residence in that statement?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well again, I did it as mentioned and got my application approved. You can still go the other way and it won't harm the application. It's your choice I think. Also, my spouse had about 10 quick trips from Country B to Egypt, still weren't mentioned in the Travel history, as they are both considered countries of residences.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Thanks for that info, Doda.

As of now, I don't intend to add them either as its far too cumbersome to deduce every single date when I was a resident of Thailand anyways

That said, I'll add it if someone shares an experience of not doing so which then led to negative repercussions

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
Thanks for that info, Doda.

As of now, I don't intend to add them either as its far too cumbersome to deduce every single date when I was a resident of Thailand anyways

That said, I'll add it if someone shares an experience of not doing so which then led to negative repercussions
Your welcome. I don't think there will be any negative repercussions of not mentioning 20+ travels between 2 countries you already live in. That will be meaningless. BTW, I got my GCMS notes after PPR and there was no mentioning of my travel history at all, just the countries of residence and their PCCs.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
That's interesting

I still have to get my PCCs done (including the nightmarish USA) but I don't think there will be much hassle there (time constraints aside - I'll probably have to get an extension eventually)

I wonder why they ask for travel history if its not listed in GCMS notes

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
That's interesting

I still have to get my PCCs done (including the nightmarish USA) but I don't think there will be much hassle there (time constraints aside - I'll probably have to get an extension eventually)

I wonder why they ask for travel history if its not listed in GCMS notes
I think it has to do with criminal and security checks. If you indicate you went for a trip to one of the world's hot zones, you might get some questioning regard that. Again, just an assumption.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
But if they aren't gonna check then why would anyone put that info in their histories - even if they went?