+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of residence issue!

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaowl said:
You are not a resident of Canada. You have not lived here. You don't have a Canadian health card, and you are not eligible to get one. Youhaven't paid any utility bill here or have had any other services. I don't know why you think having a work permit means your residence is Canada. You have substantial ties to Canada by virtue of your husband being a resident, but you are not a resident. You cannot put what is going to happen in future on your application, you only put the present. Once you move to Canada, update CIC with that information and they will ask you before granting you PR about change in address or marriage status; and will send passport request appropriately. This is not the first case they would be dealing with. This is a non-issue and CIC would not even give a straight reply to this one.

Hi, I appreciate your reply but I have a health card, a SIN no , our house was rented in both names and bills are in both names.

That was why I got confused. I didn't know I will wait this long in the UK because of the nature of my job.

I understand I haven't paid tax. But I could be in Canada and not work because of the kids and my husband has a full time job so that doesn't justify it either.

Thanks anyway

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibyt said:
Hi, I appreciate your reply but I have a health card, a SIN no , our house was rented in both names and bills are in both names.

That was why I got confused. I didn't know I will wait this long in the UK because of the nature of my job.

I understand I haven't paid tax. But I could be in Canada and not work because of the kids and my husband has a full time job so that doesn't justify it either.

Thanks anyway
Apologies for mis-understanding. But I guess your first post did not mention this information, and there is still a bit that seems hidden. Did you move to UK on a company transfer? When were you last in Canada?

For your case, it will be determining what is your primary place of residence. And that is fair bit easy to determine, but I don't know the full picture of your situation.

Btw if you have left a province then it is your duty to inform health card authorities of this change. And if you have not stayed for 153 days in Ontario (183 in Alberta) in last 12 months, then your health coverage lapses. Hope you did take this into account.

Reactions: drunkun

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaowl said:
Apologies for mis-understanding. But I guess your first post did not mention this information, and there is still a bit that seems hidden. Did you move to UK on a company transfer? When were you last in Canada?

For your case, it will be determining what is your primary place of residence. And that is fair bit easy to determine, but I don't know the full picture of your situation.

Btw if you have left a province then it is your duty to inform health card authorities of this change. And if you have not stayed for 153 days in Ontario (183 in Alberta) in last 12 months, then your health coverage lapses. Hope you did take this into account.
Thanks for your response
I left Canada January, I thought I would return March but my employers didn't release me till first week in April ( understandably because I needed someone to replace me) I have a ticket back to Canada for 2nd week in May so I want to submit the application before I return to Canada since I have everything in place.
As soon as I got the ITA I did my medicals but the issue is that I will be in Canada from next month so I might as well include address as Canada.
Or it might be something I will have to explain in my letter of explanation. By the way,province is Manitoba