+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of issue

soldiers7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi Guys,

When filling the application form for Express entry, they have asked Country of issue.

I am an Indian citizen residing in United Arab Emirates. The 'Place of Issue' in my passport is Dubai.

Wanted to know if the Country of Issue in my case will be India ( which country i am a citizen of) or will it be United Arab Emirates?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
xpressentry said:
@xpressentry

If I may beg to differ, if, in the passport, it specifically says that the passport was issued in UAE (Dubai), I think, you would identify that you are a citizen of India, but the passport was issued in UAE. It can be often the case, specially when we talk about Indian Citizens living abroad and applying for passport renewals with the local Indian Consulate, where the consulate can issue passports where they mark the place of issue as the local consulate location.

I may be mistaken, but I would rely on people who have had actual experience going through the EE process.

Best Regards
S.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
systix said:
If I may beg to differ, if, in the passport, it specifically says that the passport was issued in UAE (Dubai), I think, you would identify that you are a citizen of India, but the passport was issued in UAE. It can be often the case, specially when we talk about Indian Citizens living abroad and applying for passport renewals with the local Indian Consulate, where the consulate can issue passports where they mark the place of issue as the local consulate location.

I may be mistaken, but I would rely on people who have had actual experience going through the EE process.
It isn't asking for the country the passport was issued in. It is asking for the country the passport was issued by, which is India.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
canuck_in_uk said:
It isn't asking for the country the passport was issued in. It is asking for the country the passport was issued by, which is India.
Agreed, if any form is asking for the country the passport was issued by, I would agree to mention the country of citizenship. However, while creating the EE profile initially, the specific question asked is Country/Territory of Issue which in turn tells me it is asking for the name of the place where the document was issued.

Again, I may be mistaken as I am only getting started in the process. Please let me know what you have experienced. I am also looking for answers.

Best Regards
S.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
systix said:
@xpressentry

Best Regards
S.
My Indian passport was renewed in London.
Place of issue is London
Country of Issue is India because it was issued by India and not by United Kingdom.

In the past, when I selected nationality as Indian, place of issue as London and country of issue as United Kingdom, the form would tell me to check my nationality or the country of issue.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
xpressentry said:
My Indian passport was renewed in London.
Place of issue is London
Country of Issue is India because it was issued by India and not by United Kingdom.

In the past, when I selected nationality as Indian, place of issue as London and country of issue as United Kingdom, the form would tell me to check my nationality or the country of issue.
Thanks for the detail, so just to clarify:

1. in the "ID Documents - Summary" section

The country of issue should be "India"

IF

2. in the "Immigration history and citizenships"

the "Country(ies) of Citizenship" only includes "India"

Thanks in advance

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Please don't confuse/scare people by bringing new interpretations/discussions on obvious and straight forward questions! :)

Please keep India as country of issue for Indian passport.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
DEEPCUR said:
Please don't confuse/scare people by bringing new interpretations/discussions on obvious and straight forward questions! :)

Please keep India as country of issue for Indian passport.
Agreed :) , I just wanted to confirm with expressentry, as was mentioned ...

xpressentry said:
In the past, when I selected nationality as Indian, place of issue as London and country of issue as United Kingdom, the form would tell me to check my nationality or the country of issue..
... apparently it wasn't that obvious and wasn't very obvious to me as well. I will PM expressentry for response separately but I think there are other threads that confirm his experience.

No intention to create confusion, just clarification.

Thanks.
S.