+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of Issue MISTAKE URGENT

bobbyjindal

Jan 24, 2018
Hello,

I am an Indian passport holder who was born and raised in Dubai,UAE. In december on my EE profile under personal information section, I put citizenship as Indian, but in the passport section I put "country or territory of issue" as United Arab Emirates (as on my Indian passport it says place of issue = Dubai ). I submitted profile and got ITA mid December. I applied for PR March 1st, and got AOR. I now realize that this is the only mistake on my application, after reading this forum "country of issue" means the "country that issued" your passport and NOT "country it was issued in". In my case this would have been India. I had a student permit and work permit in Canada before this (lived in canada 7 years).

I am very worried about this mistake, what is the best way to rectify it? I have also applied for Bridging work permit, and correctly put "country of issue" as India. How do I fix this situation on my CEC PR application? Can I send them a letter? Or email? Or phone CIC? I have heard of people writing signed letters and sending them to Ottawa. Anyone with any experience dealing with application mistakes? March 1st AOR. It's obvious from my application I am an indian citizen, and I have sent my entire indian passport copy. Only problem is "country of issue" where I put UAE. Terrible mistake, anyone help is greatly appreciated!

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hello,

I am an Indian passport holder who was born and raised in Dubai,UAE. In december on my EE profile under personal information section, I put citizenship as Indian, but in the passport section I put "country or territory of issue" as United Arab Emirates (as on my Indian passport it says place of issue = Dubai ). I submitted profile and got ITA mid December. I applied for PR March 1st, and got AOR. I now realize that this is the only mistake on my application, after reading this forum "country of issue" means the "country that issued" your passport and NOT "country it was issued in". In my case this would have been India. I had a student permit and work permit in Canada before this (lived in canada 7 years).

I am very worried about this mistake, what is the best way to rectify it? I have also applied for Bridging work permit, and correctly put "country of issue" as India. How do I fix this situation on my CEC PR application? Can I send them a letter? Or email? Or phone CIC? I have heard of people writing signed letters and sending them to Ottawa. Anyone with any experience dealing with application mistakes? March 1st AOR. It's obvious from my application I am an indian citizen, and I have sent my entire indian passport copy. Only problem is "country of issue" where I put UAE. Terrible mistake, anyone help is greatly appreciated!
You should just write a letter explaining the mistake and raise a CSE and attach the letter to it.

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hello,

I always thought country of issue mean where it was issued. I really dont think it would be a big deal. When I applied for my PGWP I put America as country of issue cos I renewed my passport there even though am not from the US. Never realized it was wrong but I got it anyways without correcting . I am just finding out from your post that I was wrong.

Reactions: GraceLee30

peterpan30

Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

Did you update them or leave it as it is ?