+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counting Hours - TR to PR Pathway

Lady_Danger

Oct 18, 2018
Hi,

My husband had a part time job while he was on Student Permit for 20hr/week. It was increased to 38hr/week after he graduated and got his PGWP. Are the part time hours while he was on study permit counted towards the 1560 hours requirement? I understand that IRCC will count only up to 30 hours/week. I think he'll still qualify coz he worked there for 14 months. 3 months part time and 11 months full time hours.

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
Hi,

My husband had a part time job while he was on Student Permit for 20hr/week. It was increased to 38hr/week after he graduated and got his PGWP. Are the part time hours while he was on study permit counted towards the 1560 hours requirement? I understand that IRCC will count only up to 30 hours/week. I think he'll still qualify coz he worked there for 14 months. 3 months part time and 11 months full time hours.
Work experience should in essential categories and NOC code should be in the list.

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
Hi,

Work experience
You need 1 year of work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Unlike your current employment, which can be in any job, your experience needs to be in one or more eligible occupations.

Your work experience must include

• most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC

Lady_Danger

Oct 18, 2018
Work experience
You need 1 year of work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Unlike your current employment, which can be in any job, your experience needs to be in one or more eligible occupations.

Your work experience must include

• most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC
Yes his work experience is on the list. I want to know if the hours he worked while on study permit will be counted to the 1560 hours needed to be eligible.

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
Yes his work experience is on the list. I want to know if the hours he worked while on study permit will be counted to the 1560 hours needed to be eligible.
I think that he is eligible because they didn't mention any perticular permit for work, just had to be worked those hours.

Ku_mn

Jun 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a Study permit applying under Tr to PR and was confused on how to calculate my work experience under an essential non-healthcare occupation. I worked a total of 1700hrs in required NOC but out of those, two jobs were for a period of 5 months and one was in 2020 for 9 months in total.

Can anyone guide me on how to exactly count hours?

Help is highly appreciated here.

Thank you

Niks klassen

Jun 22, 2021
Hey all,

I have worked 900 hours in WALMART Canada, from June 2019 to October 2020, and currently working as a CNC machinist from December 2019..
My Question is Can I count working hours of current employment to add in to 900 hours to complete 1560 till date ?
and, does anybody got reference letter from WALMART Canada. because they are saying that they have to wait until decision made by Global management Team.

Please help me out thank you