+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil - your document is invalid

USUABBA

Apr 22, 2021
My invalid status was posted on April 15, unfortunately I was scheduled to travel on the April 18, and I didn't know on getting to the airport, I was not allowed to board, my medical expired on March 2021. I have done another medical on April 20. Does anyone knows how long it will take for this to be updated and the document status change to valid.

Reactions: tanujtyagi90

tanujtyagi90

Oct 9, 2018
My invalid status was posted on April 15, unfortunately I was scheduled to travel on the April 18, and I didn't know on getting to the airport, I was not allowed to board, my medical expired on March 2021. I have done another medical on April 20. Does anyone knows how long it will take for this to be updated and the document status change to valid.
I am on the same boat

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
I am on the same boat
Was it your counterfoil or study permit document? My counterfoil still shows valid but study permit shows invalid. Confused ... My flight was on April 16th but I didn't travel due to my family member health issue. I feel that might be the reason.. knocking at the dead end as ircc Delhi asked to write in email for someone to attend the case.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Was it your counterfoil or study permit document? My counterfoil still shows valid but study permit shows invalid. Confused ... My flight was on April 16th but I didn't travel due to my family member health issue. I feel that might be the reason.. knocking at the dead end as ircc Delhi asked to write in email for someone to attend the case.
How will they know about your family's health issue and how should that affect your SP?
Did you change DLI?

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Tons of people travelled in April returned at the border due to invalid document status.. very sad.

burrizoo

Apr 22, 2021
Exact same situation here! Except i dont need medical exam in the first place Ive been live in USA since start of 2020. My status is also updated on April 17th saying the document is invalid.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Exact same situation here! Except i dont need medical exam in the first place Ive been live in USA since start of 2020. My status is also updated on April 17th saying the document is invalid.
Did you talk to local Canadian high commission? Any guidance would help people here when someone resolve it.

burrizoo

Apr 22, 2021
Did you talk to local Canadian high commission? Any guidance would help people here when someone resolve it.
I just found out this today. Can you provide the number? I was going to call IRCC tomorrow. I highly doubt this is a system glitch tbh.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
I just found out this today. Can you provide the number? I was going to call IRCC tomorrow. I highly doubt this is a system glitch tbh.
Even I heard from people all over the world. Even from Australia. Some have valid medicals still, I believe they do their best to prevent people coming at the border. Even work permit holders have the same status now.

You can dial them at +1 888 242 2100

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Even I heard from people all over the world. Even from Australia. Some have valid medicals still, I believe they do their best to prevent people coming at the border. Even work permit holders have the same status now.

Press 3_4_1_0 to speak to an agent

burrizoo

Apr 22, 2021

This is actually insane, I hope its a system glitch cuz it conflicts with what they have on their website

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
This is actually insane, I hope its a system glitch cuz it conflicts with what they have on their website
Not sure what's happening .. who is responsible. They are not transparent in their process but inventing new things. Some are not in a hurry to travel in current trend but need to resolve this. I doubt that number of people checked this thing in their GC key.
Its not too late to check and fix at earliest before plan their travel.

burrizoo

Apr 22, 2021
Not sure what's happening .. who is responsible. They are not transparent in their process but inventing new things. Some are not in a hurry to travel in current trend but need to resolve this. I doubt that number of people checked this thing in their GC key.
Its not too late to check and fix at earliest before plan their travel.
I need to travel near end of June, I checked my account cuz I received an email from some @cic.gc.ca account. I wonder if anybody receive a similar email