+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil - your document is invalid

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Hey I have an email update from the web-form request
"Please be advised that this is a widespread issue affecting many clients due to an error made by the IRCC Operations Support Centre in Canada. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and we will inform you when your visa has been reactivated. "

"You are not required to undergo a medical exam. The letter was sent in error to a large number of applicants.
We expect that your visa will be re-activated early this week."
Looks like I dont need medical exam after all
Fantastic... There they look into the issue with an open eye unlike here ... Sending same email draft to everyone.

onkesh

Oct 21, 2021
I am also in the same situation.
Tried flying on Oct 11 but found out at the airport that my document is the invalid.
Gave the new medical on Oct 13.
Can anyone give me an idea till when the status change will occur.
And, whether it will happen automatically or do i need to contact IRCC

MARRYGOLD

Mar 4, 2021
No. My original medical was done in December. So I need not to take an additional test. My invalid status updated on April 16rh but fortunately I wasn't travelling on that day for some other issue. When I checked in GC key accidentally yesterday, came to know that the status changes to invalid. Written email to ircc and raised a web form.. hopefully someone will fix this at earliest as I have my flight in first week of may.
what was the outcome

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
what was the outcome
I am in Canada. I travelled with the invalid document since my visa was valid, only the approval letter status was invalid. The officer at the border issued a new approval letter with the study permit.
Now, I have my PR as well.

MARRYGOLD

Mar 4, 2021
I am in Canada. I travelled with the invalid document since my visa was valid, only the approval letter status was invalid. The officer at the border issued a new approval letter with the study permit.
Thanks a lot I am refused to enter from my country immigration counter visa is valid but status online says document is invalid any tips & suggestion you want to give

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Thanks a lot I am refused to enter from my country immigration counter visa is valid but status online says document is invalid any tips & suggestion you want to give
It must be because of your visa invalid status. Is your medical exam valid ?

rajuy1

Jan 2, 2019
Nepal
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hello Guys, I'm really worried. I submitted my passport on July 4 and got my POE on July 11. After that there has been no counterfoil update, neither have i received any message regarding dispatch of passport. In my GCkey portal, the visa status says "Approved". But it's been more than 4-5 days still no counterfoil update. Anyone who has any knowledge regarding this, please reply.

luckyjad

Feb 16, 2024
Was it your study permit that was invalid or the visa counterfoil document which was invalid?
I have my visa status as: your document is invalid. Can I travel with it? Thanks in advance for the info.