+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil updated and then removed.

hitansh1996

Aug 16, 2021
Hey guys, I have an urgent query.
My passport was sent to the embassy for stamping, on 11th August it showed Counterfoil updated & document is valid, also got my port of entry letter the next day(12th August).
However didn't receive any communication from VFS yet. So I decided to login to my GC Key today and found out that Counterfoil status is removed and its again indicating that I need to send my passport. Even though POE is still there.
Why was it removed and what is going on ?
Any idea ?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hey guys, I have an urgent query.
My passport was sent to the embassy for stamping, on 11th August it showed Counterfoil updated & document is valid, also got my port of entry letter the next day(12th August).
However didn't receive any communication from VFS yet. So I decided to login to my GC Key today and found out that Counterfoil status is removed and its again indicating that I need to send my passport. Even though POE is still there.
Why was it removed and what is going on ?
Any idea ?
you mean there is no counterfoil status showing expiry and all there? but the correspondence letter (POE) is still there?

hitansh1996

Aug 16, 2021
No when Counterfoil was updated and it showed that documents are valid,however when I checked today there was no information on Counterfoil.
Now there is no mention of Counterfoil and my gc key says " application approved. We need your passport to finalise your application". Just like they never received my passport !

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
No when Counterfoil was updated and it showed that documents are valid,however when I checked today there was no information on Counterfoil.
Now there is no mention of Counterfoil and my gc key says " application approved. We need your passport to finalise your application". Just like they never received my passport !
okay wait for a couple of days it might be a glitch

hitansh1996

Aug 16, 2021
okay wait for a couple of days it might be a glitch
If its a glitch and my passport was actually approved then I should have received it by now. My friends with the same timeline have got their's today.
I'm really tensed :(
Booked my tickets after 10 days too

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
If its a glitch and my passport was actually approved then I should have received it by now. My friends with the same timeline have got their's today.
I'm really tensed :(
Booked my tickets after 10 days too
10 days are enough, delay might be coz they may be fixing it.. pretty sure they'll send u a complete package

hitansh1996

Aug 16, 2021
10 days are enough, delay might be coz they may be fixing it.. pretty sure they'll send u a complete package
Thanks man, as a precautionary measure I've uploaded a web form along with my Port of Entry letter, and I'm gonna try calling VFS as well as Embassy tomorrow. Let's see.

Reactions: rogerdude1

hitansh1996

Aug 16, 2021
Hi, yes I have been told that there was an error on printing my visa, so they had to remove it and issue me a fresh one. Just got my passport a few days back :)

rajuy1

Jan 2, 2019
Nepal
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hi everyone, I got my POE on July 12 but there was no counterfoil update for the next 5 days. So i decided to raise a webform. Today, i got passport dispatch mail and two counterfoil update today July 18 one for July 12 where it says my document is invalid (My passport number being mentioned PA09486961) and another counterfoil update of today's date July 18 where it says my document is valid (Passport number which 09486961 as same on passport) . Now, do i need to worry about anything. Please reply those who know about this.

Wavvyfavy

Sep 1, 2023
Hello please has this happened to anybody here
My application for open work permit for my self and a visit visa for my baby was approved august 11
A a passport request sent to us, I sent our passports and received on 18th august
Ok the 29th of august I got a notification that our application was updated
I logged on and saw counterfoil number update for both of us and a letter of introduction for me
I waited for the passport to be returned but only my baby’s own back with the visa, mine was still with them
It became confusing
So I logged back on and discovered that my counterfoil number was removed but my letter of introduction was still there
Please I am worried as to what might be going on
I have sent emails to Ircc but no reply
Somebody help explain to me