+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil invalid

Sonajaan

Nov 15, 2018
hi my husband got the visa stamped with a expiry day in May 2019. However on the account the counterfoil says invalid on March 28, 2019

What does this mean?

My visa application is approved and I received stamped passport and COPR papers

Please help me out

Reactions: Vivekmendi

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
hi my husband got the visa stamped with a expiry day in May 2019. However on the account the counterfoil says invalid on March 28, 2019

What does this mean?

Please help me out
Has your husband already landed in Canada? If not, has he received his passport? It could mean anything: Passport is damaged and has to submit another, OR They stamped an expired document by mistake (these two have mostly been the reasons for others) , OR he has landed and since its a single entry, it is no longer valid, or he has been issued a PR card. etc

Last edited:

Sonajaan

Nov 15, 2018
Has your husband already landed in Canada? If not, has he received his passport? It could mean anything: Passport is damaged and has to submit another, OR They stamped an expired document by mistake (these two have mostly been the reasons for others) , OR he has landed and since its a single entry, it is no longer valid, or he has been issued a PR card. etc
Hi thank you for responding.
He was about to arrive today but he was sent back because it was “revoked”.

He has his landing papers and the stamped PR on his passport, I don’t know what went wrong. No messages were sent to me also and everything seems clear.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thats quite unfortunate. He should not have traveled if the document that showed invalid on the account. He should have sent a case specific enquiry to solve the issue first.It must be very frustrating. I think he still needs to send a CSE

Sonajaan

Nov 15, 2018
I have sent a email to the immigration office, his medical expires in 3 weeks I’m quite tender about it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi thank you for responding.
He was about to arrive today but he was sent back because it was “revoked”.

He has his landing papers and the stamped PR on his passport, I don’t know what went wrong. No messages were sent to me also and everything seems clear.
It's possible that something was discovered (error/fraud/misrepresentation) by IRCC after the documents were created that caused the application to be revoked. First, contact the issuing visa office by webform and secondly order your and his GCMS notes to see what happened.

Reactions: Eveslm

Sonajaan

Nov 15, 2018
It's possible that something was discovered (error/fraud/misrepresentation) by IRCC after the documents were created that caused the application to be revoked. First, contact the issuing visa office by webform and secondly order your and his GCMS notes to see what happened.
Oh really the thing is, he was on work visit in Qatar and then he went to his home country for 3 weeks to see his parents before coming to Canada Can that be a factor?

We did not inform London immigration about this

Please help.

Also, how do I order gems notes

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hello, was your problem solved, Im facing the same situation where my document says its invalid.

What does this mean?

Please help me out

Vivekmendi

May 18, 2019

What does this mean?

Please help me out
Hi,

We are in similar situation, could you please let me know how you were able to them Valid?

Vivekmendi

May 18, 2019
Yes, I sent a webform on 1st Nov and it was changed to valid on 5th Nov.

It had to with my DLI being in the list.
Ok Great, DLI Means? In our case, My new born was added in the application and after that we got the PPR and sent the Passports and now when Application is approved, the Counterfoil for my son shows invalid, dont know whats the reason is. hae raised the webform today

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Ok Great, DLI Means? In our case, My new born was added in the application and after that we got the PPR and sent the Passports and now when Application is approved, the Counterfoil for my son shows invalid, dont know whats the reason is. hae raised the webform today
Oh I believe you're not a student, DLI is designated learning institute.

I'm not sure about your case but not to worry.