+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil invalid

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
Need advice .

I applied for my parents thru VFS Delhi paper application in march.

I linked the applications online thru CIC and the status is somewhat strange -

My father's application has been updated as approved, but the counterfoil document shows stated as 'invalid' though it has expiry date of 1 day before passport expires.

My Mother's application still shows as submitted with no decision still.

what does this mean?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Need advice .

I applied for my parents thru VFS Delhi paper application in march.

I linked the applications online thru CIC and the status is somewhat strange -

My father's application has been updated as approved, but the counterfoil document shows stated as 'invalid' though it has expiry date of 1 day before passport expires.

My Mother's application still shows as submitted with no decision still.

what does this mean?
It's best to email NDVO

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
Today got my mothers application status changed to approved and for her counterfoil document status says as 'valid' and passport is dispatched.

My Father's application says approved but under document status of counterfoil it still says 'document invalid' and passport is not dispatched.

not sure what's going on..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Today got my mothers application status changed to approved and for her counterfoil document status says as 'valid' and passport is dispatched.
That's great. Hopefully your dad's passport will be dispatched in a couple of days.

My Father's application says approved but under document status of counterfoil it still says 'document invalid' and passport is not dispatched.
Do the bio pages of your dad's passport match the details declared in his TRV application?

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
yes they do match, what you feel can be the reason, the application says as 'approved', in document section for counterfoil the expiry date is 1 day less than that of passport expiry, everything seems ok, but status of counterfoil document says 'invalid' and this changed on 19th April.

Today on 24th got my mom's application approved and for her the counterfoil status is valid

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
yes they do match, what you feel can be the reason, the application says as 'approved', in document section for counterfoil the expiry date is 1 day less than that of passport expiry, everything seems ok, but status of counterfoil document says 'invalid' and this changed on 19th April.
Not sure. Just guesses here:
1. The bio pages of his passport do not match his TRV application. Maybe some minor variation in spelling/date or maybe some incorrect detail or maybe incorrect travel history/visa to another country.

2. He did not declare a previous visa refusal or he was refused entry (but his passport has a refusal stamp), or

3. IRCC could be reassessing his application before issuing the TRV

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
thanks for the info, lets see what happens, the first 2 points doesn't hold true, as I again verified the application form and it matched perfectly with passport details and he has never been out of India before.

Not sure why they approved if they wanted to reassess

Gotrain

Aug 15, 2018
thanks for the info, lets see what happens, the first 2 points doesn't hold true, as I again verified the application form and it matched perfectly with passport details and he has never been out of India before.

Not sure why they approved if they wanted to reassess
Hi , did you find out what it means when it says counter foil document invalid. I have same issue my uncle has it valid and aunt is showing invalid ?

akshitraheja

Feb 7, 2018
Hey! My status showed
Your document is invalid. That meant for me was that my passport is damaged and i need to submit the fresh one.

talwinder_9

Feb 27, 2019

not sure what's going on..
i am in the same situation, reply me back