+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil Document Status

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
Hi guys - my passport is stamped with PRV and is on its way back to me but I'm worried Because of not receiving COPR document in email or in the online cic account yet.
So my question is, when did you guys receive COPRs was it after some time of receiving the passport, or was it in the return passport package from the VFS? I'm so confused. And there are taking forever to respond to emails and webforms.
What should I do? Any help would be great!
COR - India & VO is NDVO

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi guys - my passport is stamped with PRV and is on its way back to me but I'm worried Because of not receiving COPR document in email or in the online cic account yet.
So my question is, when did you guys receive COPRs was it after some time of receiving the passport, or was it in the return passport package from the VFS? I'm so confused. And there are taking forever to respond to emails and webforms.
What should I do? Any help would be great!
COR - India & VO is NDVO
I contacted Canadian Embassy in Delhi. They resolved in 2 weeks. Was yours an expired COPR?

Reactions: kpIN2CAN

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
I contacted Canadian Embassy in Delhi. They resolved in 2 weeks. Was yours an expired COPR?
No fresh, first time PPR.
So do you reckon I should wait until I get the passport back and then alert them via email that they forgot to send a COPR document?

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
I saw your old posts. Seems like you already have some valid Visa. If that's the case, a new counterfoil might not get generated for you, as it is not required. Happened to someone I know.
Actually, my friend, you may have mistaken some other fellow members post with mine.
I didn't have a valid visa before the current stamping, my question was regarding COPR document itself, not the counterfoil. So I am going to receive the fresh new visa stamp, right. But haven't received COPR document usually that's sent by email,right? You know what I mean?

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Actually, my friend, you may have mistaken some other fellow members post with mine.
I didn't have a valid visa before the current stamping, my question was regarding COPR document itself, not the counterfoil. So I am going to receive the fresh new visa stamp, right. But haven't received COPR document usually that's sent by email,right? You know what I mean?
Yeah, not sure for this. Sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience

Akash342

Jul 5, 2021
Hello friends. I got ppr on 29 sep 21..then i submitted my passport for stamping on 6 oct 21..on 8 oct i got mail that showing.. Couterfoil document and number.. And its expiry date of 1 year.. But i applied for 2 year work permit as it showing same in lmia.. Can anyone tell why its showing expiry date of 1 year 29 sep 2022..what its mean

Jam@can123

Jul 7, 2021
Hello friends. I got ppr on 29 sep 21..then i submitted my passport for stamping on 6 oct 21..on 8 oct i got mail that showing.. Couterfoil document and number.. And its expiry date of 1 year.. But i applied for 2 year work permit as it showing same in lmia.. Can anyone tell why its showing expiry date of 1 year 29 sep 2022..what its mean
It could be that your passport is expiring, the work permit will have the option to extend it

anand.damojipurapu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Dear members,

Need Your Help in understanding the Document Status of our application.

Yesterday we have received an update in the portal that our application was approved and in the Document status -the document i.e., Counterfoil bearing a document number was given and the status was "your document was valid" for both me and my spouse, whereas for my child, the counterfoil along with the document number was given and the status was"your document is invalid".

We are unable to interpret it clearly. We have received our passports and waiting for our child's passport. (Still in processing ). All three of us were given 1 year for the document to expire.

Below is Document status -Help text
Your document may be invalid or canceled because:
• we issued you a new document, or
• there is new information about your application

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Hi, I hope you are well.

I applied for my TRV from Canada, I am only given a TRV for 5 months and valid till March 2023 only, although I have a work permit till 2025. Any idea why my visa is for such a short time? I thought I would get until the validity of my Work permit. My passport is also valid till 2027.

Can you share what you did?

behi68

Jul 22, 2022
Hi everyone, my PR application status is updated with COPR document number and expiry date, and i already sent my passport for stamps, my question is that how the actual COPR documents will be sent? Will it come with the passport? Or they will email it later? Appreciate if anyone knows about this to share the information.