+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil Document Status

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
No, i contacted LDN immigration by email and they responded to me same day in couple of hours. I had to address my email as URGENT i guess they reviewed it and replied back shortly. I will collect my passport today and the first issued visa is cancelled now and i have to wait for them to send me extension for my medical to re submit passport for new expiry. Thank God
That's great. You did a good job addressing the issue this way.

Frank GH

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Hey guys,
Today we received our visa approval in our account. The expiry date of my Spouse counterfoil (Principal Applicant - 2019.06.05) is shorter than mine (Dependent - 2020.01.27) is that so for every family?

Morkas

Jun 19, 2018
Hey guys,
Today we received our visa approval in our account. The expiry date of my Spouse counterfoil (Principal Applicant - 2019.06.05) is shorter than mine (Dependent - 2020.01.27) is that so for every family?
Not necessarily, the expiry date usually corresponds with one year from the date of medical. If you're landing together, you'll need to plan as per the earlier date.

Lakhdardz

Jul 12, 2019
What happened to me was the visa office had mistakenly stamped an expired visa, after I posted above messages, I got my passport and copr papers but they all had incorrect visa expiry date. I emailed them and was told to resubmit the passports. It took around 2 weeks for them to restamp and return the passports. Now I've two visas on my passport; one is valid for travel and th earlier one has been cancelled.

In your case, what does the document expiry date show?
Please tell me when they cancelled the old visa did they do something to the visa in passport or they just sent you an email telling you that its cancelled??

dpkgirdhar

May 15, 2019
Hello,

This is the current update on my CIC profile:

Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You have completed your interview.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your background check was completed.
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Furthermore, there's a new section named Document Status:

Document Status

Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX Document: Counterfoil XXXXXXX Status: Your document has expired. Expiry Date: 2018/06/11 Status Update Date: 2018/06/13 XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

This is very troublesome as the status is showing approved but the counterfoil document's status is expired. Could there be some error from the visa office? My passport is valid until June 2024 and my medical is valid until April 2019. I received PPR on 23rd May 2018 and i submitted my passport on 06th June.

Please help!
same happened to me. Can you tell me what exactly happened in your case?

Morkas

Jun 19, 2018
Please tell me when they cancelled the old visa did they do something to the visa in passport or they just sent you an email telling you that its cancelled??
I had to resubmit all passports and they were stamped cancelled and new visas with correct dates were issued.

Lakhdardz

Jul 12, 2019
It took around 2 weeks for them to restamp and return the passports.
In my cic account its written my visa is invalid but visa office or embassy didn't contact me to stamp the cancelled visa i dont know why, my visa is invalid since 17 june 2019 im lost what do you think?

Morkas

Jun 19, 2018
In my cic account its written my visa is invalid but visa office or embassy didn't contact me to stamp the cancelled visa i dont know why, my visa is invalid since 17 june 2019 im lost what do you think?
Did they issue a new visa? If not, you probably would have to submit the passports again and they'll cancel the old one and stamp a new one. Did you contact them regarding the issue?

mesa123

Aug 20, 2019
My account is updated with counterfoil on 15th Aug. Me and husband both have indian passports and currently living in USA. In the counterfoil documents place of issue is shoing India for me but for my husband it is showing "United States of America". What should i do regarding this. I already raised CSE under "Permanent Residence (applied online)" on the 15th Aug. I have not received any reply from CIC. Does this needs to be corrected ?

Eyobe

Apr 16, 2021
My current status change to invalid document with an email say I can't travel to canada due to further when I got my visa tamped it was valid and my intake is closing up what should I do