+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil Document Status

Morkas

Jun 19, 2018
And how long is it valid for?
Is this status shown once our passport is stamped with the visa or before that ?
It is generally valid from one year of your medical date. Yep, once your passport is stamped with the visa it'll show in your CIC account.

shinejoseph

Jan 21, 2018
HI All
I submitted my passport for PR a few days back. now my profile status shows
Document - Counterfoil
Status - Document is Valid
Expiry - 2019/01/25

Does this mean my PR Visa is stamped and i have to enter Canada before 2019/01/25 ?
Does counterfoil mean - visa stamped ?
Please help

Morkas

Jun 19, 2018
HI All
I submitted my passport for PR a few days back. now my profile status shows
Document - Counterfoil
Status - Document is Valid
Expiry - 2019/01/25

Does this mean my PR Visa is stamped and i have to enter Canada before 2019/01/25 ?
Does counterfoil mean - visa stamped ?
Please help

Yep, your visa has been stamped on your passport and that's the expiry for your visa. Generally, it is one year from the date of your medical.

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
HI All I submitted my passport for PR a few days back. now my profile status shows Document - Counterfoil Status - Document is Valid Expiry - 2019/01/09

They only gave me 2 weeks to travel!
It is almost impossible for me to prepare for travel in only 2 w

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
HI All I submitted my passport for PR a few days back. now my profile status shows Document - Counterfoil Status - Document is Valid Expiry - 2019/01/09

They only gave me 2 weeks to travel!
It is almost impossible for me to prepare for travel in only 2 w
Yeah... That's tough. I don't think they will be flexible, though. Especially now around Christmas. Are you living far away? Do you need to keep working? You can either do a soft landing or just fly over there in a rush.

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
Yeah... That's tough. I don't think they will be flexible, though. Especially now around Christmas. Are you living far away? Do you need to keep working? You can either do a soft landing or just fly over there in a rush.
Yes! I live in Kuwait. I feel that i need to make booking and travel as well. Its really unpleasant to give me such short notice. I have sent the CPC plus email london office but they usually reply in matter of weeks so i guess i need to make a move quickly.
What do others think about this.

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
My other problem is that i did not receive my passport from visa office yet. They only sent me msg that visa is stamped and i need to make flight booking but cant till i collect my passport
We have a weekend now and open on Sunday plus 25 and 26 of next week is off.
This is making me go crazy.

Reactions: studentpil0t

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
My other problem is that i did not receive my passport from visa office yet. They only sent me msg that visa is stamped and i need to make flight booking but cant till i collect my passport
We have a weekend now and open on Sunday plus 25 and 26 of next week is off.
This is making me go crazy.
I'm in KSA tso it's our weekend too. :) I think, depending on your situation (family/spouse/job/money/etc) you've got to see what your options are for landing in Canada ASAP. The immigrant visa is 1-time use for landing in Canada and becoming a PR. So unless you really can't afford it, I'd say just plan on booking the flight so that you can do your landing.

Are you married/have kids? Do you currently work and need to give them a notice period? Do you want to resettle as soon as possible or will you come back for a while? It all fits into the decision.

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
I'm in KSA tso it's our weekend too. :) I think, depending on your situation (family/spouse/job/money/etc) you've got to see what your options are for landing in Canada ASAP. The immigrant visa is 1-time use for landing in Canada and becoming a PR. So unless you really can't afford it, I'd say just plan on booking the flight so that you can do your landing.

Are you married/have kids? Do you currently work and need to give them a notice period? Do you want to resettle as soon as possible or will you come back for a while? It all fits into the decision.
I am applying for spouse sponsorship and i am currently working in Kuwait. I will need more time to finish paper work at work and in country.
Anyhow i just received an email from London office informing me that they will cancel my current visa and will re open my medical for extenaion and i will re submit my passport later to issue new visa

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I am applying for spouse sponsorship and i am currently working in Kuwait. I will need more time to finish paper work at work and in country.
Anyhow i just received an email from London office informing me that they will cancel my current visa and will re open my medical for extenaion and i will re submit my passport later to issue new visa
Congrat, that's really great news. Is this after you contacted them or did they figure it out themselves?

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
Congrat, that's really great news. Is this after you contacted them or did they figure it out themselves?
No, i contacted LDN immigration by email and they responded to me same day in couple of hours. I had to address my email as URGENT i guess they reviewed it and replied back shortly. I will collect my passport today and the first issued visa is cancelled now and i have to wait for them to send me extension for my medical to re submit passport for new expiry. Thank God