+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil Document Invalid status

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
There is an Update from High Commission of Canada in India on the Medical examination Validity for Student and Worker.

That might be the reason for the Counterfoil Document Invalid.

"Students & Workers :

You must have a valid medical examination prior to travelling to Canada. If your medical has expired, your visa is not valid for travel. Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only from the date of the exam. More info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html"

Reactions: Chessie

jagjeet@eprs

Apr 18, 2021
Hi,

Even I am faving same issue. Done with re medicals and raised webform. But still the status is not changed. What did delhi embassy suggest you to do?
When you had medicals? And emabssy has taken number and passport number and said will call.

mohit.cd

Aug 3, 2018
Hi guys,
I am in the same boat. Received status for document invalid on 16th April 2021. Visa(TRV) approved in December 2020. My medical got expired last month. Please let me know what you guys did as my intake is going to start from Sep 2021. Do I need to submit new medical via webform or do I need to apply for student visa again?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi guys,
I am in the same boat. Received status for document invalid on 16th April 2021. Visa(TRV) approved in December 2020. My medical got expired last month. Please let me know what you guys did as my intake is going to start from Sep 2021. Do I need to submit new medical via webform or do I need to apply for student visa again?
You need to redo your medical and send the e-medical document to IRCC via webform. You don't need to re-apply for your SP.

jagjeet@eprs

Apr 18, 2021
an update from IRCC. I got reply from IRCC on twitter. I am not able to atatche screenshot can anyonetell me how to add. else this is reply from IRCC.

"the visa may have been or will be deactivated if your medical has expired and you have not yet entered Canada. You must undergo a new medical if you lived in one or more of these countries or territories (includes India, Nepal and Bhutan) for at least 6 months within the past year and are planning to stay in Canada for longer than 6 months. When making an appointment with a Panel Physician for a new medical exam, please request an “Upfront Medical Exam”. Once we have received the medical results from the Panel Physician and they have been associated to your application, your visa will be re-activated and you can travel."

Reactions: wonderbly

Randhawa1371

May 30, 2021
Hello, I had my remedical on 6th april 2021 and my counterfoil document is still inactive. It’s more than 4 weeks. I also previously filled webform and got reply from ircc on 17th may which says that “while examining your file, we noticed that the situation reported in your web form request is now resolved”. However, my gc key account stil shows inactive status. Today is 30th may but my document is still inactive. I have my stamped visa also. It’s been a long time I am waiting. Did anybody know how to solve this problem?

jagjeet@eprs

Apr 18, 2021
Same thing happened to me today was denied boarding flight to Canada as the document status shows invalid. Please let me know if you get any updates. My college is in the approved DLLI list as well. So depressing.
no need to worry. Just get your medical done and upload it through webform ok? it will minimum take 2 months to get updated.

jagjeet@eprs

Apr 18, 2021
Hello, I had my remedical on 6th april 2021 and my counterfoil document is still inactive. It’s more than 4 weeks. I also previously filled webform and got reply from ircc on 17th may which says that “while examining your file, we noticed that the situation reported in your web form request is now resolved”. However, my gc key account stil shows inactive status. Today is 30th may but my document is still inactive. I have my stamped visa also. It’s been a long time I am waiting. Did anybody know how to solve this problem?
IRCC take minimum 2 months to update it so wait if you have uploaded your new medical through webform to ircc

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
My brother is in same boat. We are going to visit embassy tomorrow and will also do medical. lets Jope for the best. I will update accordingly if i get any update.
I'm in the same boat as well. I heard panel physicians have stopped providing upfront medical exams in India. When I called my panel physician, they asked for an IME number. Were you able to book an appointment?

jagjeet@eprs

Apr 18, 2021
I'm in the same boat as well. I heard panel physicians have stopped providing upfront medical exams in India. When I called my panel physician, they asked for an IME number. Were you able to book an appointment?
well dear i suggest you to wait then else ask IRCC To provide you IME number