+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could you please help to polish my Writing Task 2? Thank you!!

eliteqing

Nov 26, 2012
Task 2:
Some people think it would be a good idea for schools to teach every young person how to be a good parent.
Do you agree or disagree with this option? Describe the skills a person needs to be a good parent.

My answer:
In my opinion, parenting skills fall into two different categories: knowledge-based and experience-based. While the former is easier to be learned from schools, the latter is more possibly to be studied from daily lives outside schools.

One of the major skills for parenting is knowledge such as the principles of the universe, which is important to help children to understand the world. School are critical for young people to learn this knowledge and the ability to express them in a way that children can understand. Taking myself as an example, I always asked naïve questions about the Sun and the Moon in my childhood. My father, achieved his high school study, can be able to answer my questions via illustration and examples, which helped me to solve the puzzles of the Nature. Therefore, schools are good places for young people to learn parenting skills.

Most of the other parenting skills, however, need to be studied from daily lives. Parenting skills, such as communicating with children, playing games with children, and encouraging them to develop independent personality, are referred to as “experience-based” skills. Those skills are even more important for children's growth. My mother, though only finished her elementary school, taught me many moral rules that help me to building my character as an honest, straightforward, and kind person. She always set herself as an example to tell me how to deal with different issues, which I still keep in my mind till today. Thus, experience-based skills is critical for parents; but these skills are not lectured in schools.

In summary, among different skills for parenting, knowledge-based skills can be directly learned from schools, while experience-based needs to accumulate from daily lives. It is critical for parents to culture their children both on knowledge and personality.

eliteqing

Nov 26, 2012
I don't make that much refinement afterwards, I just make it like the exam and finish it in 40 mins and then post it here.
I want to know what's the most important thing I need to improve, since I going to sit it in the coming weekend.

sharpe88

Nov 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your essay is fairly sophisticated and well-written. One thing you could do is to focus on or more clearly state whether "you agree or disagree" with the first sentence in the prompt.